Fertigator Lawn Care

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace
Thumbs down Fertigator Lawn Care

I contracted the Fertigator Lawn Care Company to supply me with a fertilizing service that runs through the sprinkler system on 11/10/2011. The salesman came out, checked my sprinklers and we signed a contract. I paid in full for a year. It took almost a month to get it installed. I don't live in the Villages and come out every other weekend for a couple days. I showed up on Saturday 12/10/2011 to fing orange spraypaint on my lawn. I called the Fertigator and got no answer. I called Monday 12/12/2011 to inquire why my lawn was vandalized and was told I needed $425.00 worth of repairs. I threatened to file a vandalism report with the Lady Lake Police and they apolagised to me . I cancelled my service at that time and demanded a full refund that the Fertigator company agreed to . It is coming up to a month and no refund. I have called over and over to get only a run around. Now they screen the calls in the business hours and I go to voice mail. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE FERTIGATOR LAWN CARE COMPANY. THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A SCAM RIP-OFF!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

Looks like there have been problems in the past with this same company.

Ferigator Warning
Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

You need to report them to the Better Business Bureau, the Florida Division of Consumer Services, and to Seniors Vs Crime in The Villages.

Online complaints to the Better Business Bureau can be filed at:
http://centralflorida.bbb.org/Find-Business-Reviews/

Online complaints to the Consumer Services Division can be filed at:
https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspubli...esssearch.aspx

Seniors Vs Crime is located at both the Marion and the Sumter County Sheriff Office Annexes in The Villages. Call for office hours - 352-753-7775 for Marion County Office or 352-689-4600, Extension 4606 for the Sumter County Office.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so sorry to hear this. Was the orange spray paint looking stuff your grass that had been over fertilized? I had never heard of a system that adds it to the irrigation water. You learn something new every day.

Your very detailed post was so helpful to all of us.

I know very little about small claims court but this sounds like a case for it.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-11-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Sage

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with their service! We have them and have been VERY satisfied and our lawn hasn't looked better! The orange paint was to locate your sprinklers to tell you which ones had a leak. The grass will grow back just fine in those areas. The amount of money quoted was what it would cost them to fix it. You have the option to leave it be, have someone else fix it or have them do it. We had some sprinkler heads that needed replacing in our yard and were able to replace those ourselves by going to the hardware store to get the parts. Just wanted to post another opinion here!!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with their service! We have them and have been VERY satisfied and our lawn hasn't looked better! The orange paint was to locate your sprinklers to tell you which ones had a leak. The grass will grow back just fine in those areas. The amount of money quoted was what it would cost them to fix it. You have the option to leave it be, have someone else fix it or have them do it. We had some sprinkler heads that needed replacing in our yard and were able to replace those ourselves by going to the hardware store to get the parts. Just wanted to post another opinion here!!
Thank you for clarifying this. What a help this forum is to us!!! None of us should jump to conclusions. The helpful exchange of information on here is priceless.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have to say that we have had Fertigator for over three years and have one of the best lawns in the neighborhood. They always respond to our calls if we have a problem. I agree that the orange spray paint is how they identify the sprinkler heads. Perhaps your sprinkler system is in need of repair.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Sage

Having had underground sprinklers both up north and here...can tell you all that mowers can damage the sprinkler heads and need replacing from time to time. There are also other reasons that these can leak as well. MORE clarification!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.