Firecracker Plants

Old 03-15-2024, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Probably. I rarely go to Lowes or Home Depot anymore. Everything they sell is available from Amazon within a day or two, usually at a lower price. I think the only reason those stores stay in business is because people have a habit of going to a store. It is interesting that Lowes, Home Depot, and other stores compete with their own "brick and mortar" stores by offering online orders.
But is that really competing with themselves? I ordered two hydrangea bushes from Home Depot online, one in a two-gallon and one in a one-gallon pot. They are beautiful, started growing immediately, came quickly, free shipping, didn't dirty up the back of my car, and I didn't have to go anywhere. Maybe it's not supporting the local HD, but HD overall.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:55 AM
Default Cottage Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Oh, never heard of them, sorry but if anybody would have some plant like this go to a nursery!
The Cottage Garden is a nursery. They have a wide selection of plants. They have quart , gallon, and larger. Shade and sun loving plants. They do sell pottery, various garden trellis, succulents. This is family owned. I have purchased all of my plants for several years. Don’t judge until you visit. Their prices are better than any box store. The owner is on site and has loyal employees that are always out and about.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:16 PM

I'm not familiar so I googled it. I see several different genus and species so I think you should shop locally to make sure you're getting the one you want. The Russellia looks like it gets huge and unruly so beware of the multiple kinds of "firecracker plants" that are offered for sale. The kind Villagers that offered a rooting from their garden would be the best way to know what your getting and how to care for it. Kudos to them!
Old 03-15-2024, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
But is that really competing with themselves? I ordered two hydrangea bushes from Home Depot online, one in a two-gallon and one in a one-gallon pot. They are beautiful, started growing immediately, came quickly, free shipping, didn't dirty up the back of my car, and I didn't have to go anywhere. Maybe it's not supporting the local HD, but HD overall.
I was replying to Post No. 13 that said Amazon is killing local jobs. Aren't other stores doing the same thing by offering online sales? Also, if all Lowes and Home Depot customers ordered online, wouldn't their brick and mortar stores need to close?
Old 03-15-2024, 02:59 PM
Default Firecracker Plants

Got mine at Walmart
Old 03-17-2024, 09:08 AM

I bought my firecracker bush late spring of last year off the 44 at a nursery called Naty's. The FC is really bursting with color this time of year, blooming big and beautiful. Naty's is located off the 44 towards Leesburg, make a left at Subway then down that road on the right. Nice people there, decent prices. I also got my bird of paradise there which has also been blooming.

20240317_100226-jpg
Old 03-17-2024, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Probably. I rarely go to Lowes or Home Depot anymore. Everything they sell is available from Amazon within a day or two, usually at a lower price. I think the only reason those stores stay in business is because people have a habit of going to a store. It is interesting that Lowes, Home Depot, and other stores compete with their own "brick and mortar" stores by offering online orders.
While I agree, some things can’t be purchased easily online. I have made four trips to Lowel’s this month, each time to pick up 12 rectangles of sod. Wish my truck was here, I could have done it in one trip, but you can only fit so much sod in a golf cart.

Tags
firecracker, plants, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.