harvest exchange

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Default to be or not to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
You can do container plants but they cannot be outside -- they have to be in your lanai (although many do have some outside and get away with it).
Redwitch:
Do you know how to find out the authoritative answer before getting started? We are getting a CYV, and I was planning on doing containers for veggies. Our villages sales agent said such things are permissable. You certainly know more about the rules than I, but the Village agent is nearly an authority. So how do I find out for sure?

Dan
Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Gold member

I haven't planted any blueberries yet, and might not depending on when the harvest season is (because for now we will be snowbirds) but I talked to a guy at the nursery on 466a just east of Colony Plaza - he said 2 varieties would increase the yield/production. At the time (Mid-June) they only had 1 variety in stock. Probably they will need plastic netting when the fruit forms to keep the birds from eating all of it. I also need to see how much sun the corner gets that I am considering. Might not get enough.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
Redwitch:
Do you know how to find out the authoritative answer before getting started? We are getting a CYV, and I was planning on doing containers for veggies. Our villages sales agent said such things are permissable. You certainly know more about the rules than I, but the Village agent is nearly an authority. So how do I find out for sure?

Dan
I doubt there's really much of an issue in a CYV -- just don't put a garden where it can be seen when you open the gate and more than likely almost anything goes (corn might be a problem). As to containers, you really can put whatever you want in them (so long as it's legal -- wouldn't advise growing something to smoke since those plants can grow higher than your fence). As to a definitive answer, I'd call the main number for TV. They'll put you in touch with the right people.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.