Has anyone used Smart's Tree Service

Old 02-09-2024, 02:36 PM
Location: 50 years NE Ohio (Cleveland), 12 years Midland MI, Now The Villages Fenney since 2018
Default Has anyone used Smart's Tree Service

I'm seeking a tree service to trim my Sylvester palms. I cannot find any references fo Smart's Tree Service in this forum. They are registered with BBB A starting in 2018. Since there are no negative or positive comments, I don't put much weight on BBB. His card says he is licensed and insured, with 20 years of experience. I checked the license status on MyFloridaLicense.com – License efficiently. Regulate fairly. and got no verification. However, I have run a couple of well-known tree services through the website and came up empty-handed as well. I would appreciate it if anyone who knows about them let me know your thoughts.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:13 PM

I wouldn’t rely on BBB rating either. Smarts has a few reviews on google, but they could be family / friends.

Tree Frog comes highly recommended….could get a quote from both and decide from there.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:57 AM

There is no licensing for tree services. I would check with FL Workman's Comp to find out if ANY business is legit.

Not sure if this is the same Smart tree trimmer that has been trimming trees here for 20 years, but if it is, I would also beware of a business that has changed names multiple times.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhonard View Post
I'm seeking a tree service to trim my Sylvester palms. I cannot find any references fo Smart's Tree Service in this forum. They are registered with BBB A starting in 2018. Since there are no negative or positive comments, I don't put much weight on BBB. His card says he is licensed and insured, with 20 years of experience. I checked the license status on MyFloridaLicense.com – License efficiently. Regulate fairly. and got no verification. However, I have run a couple of well-known tree services through the website and came up empty-handed as well. I would appreciate it if anyone who knows about them let me know your thoughts.
The company is an LLC (limited liability company). This is basically a name registration, NOT a license. If the business card says the company is licensed and insured, I would ask for the license number and proof of insurance.

In my opinion, Google reviews are totally worthless. Some companies have thousands of 5-star Google reviews. I would suggest that you select 2 or 3 reviewer names from the recent Google reviews, and ask the company to provide their phone number so you can call to verify the review.

Tags
tree, service, bbb, smarts, run

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.