How will we know what's our landscape is made up of?

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Sage

Liriope
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	54601  
Old 09-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage

American holly (i think...)
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	118
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	54602  
Old 09-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage

Palatka Holly
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	135
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	54603  
Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Sage

And finally, viburnum at the left cornere, also rear hedge!
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	131
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	54604  
Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Panorama
Wow! the foundation cement pad for the house across the street was just poured a couple of days ago and they already have it up. Just amazing!
Old 09-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Sage

Both the holly trees may outgrow their space, but that will take years.
I would not move quickly to make changes, there sooooomany options!
Here are some shots of the Palatka.

Leaves are not glossy and some are serrated and some not...beautiful berries, and some shade.
Way, way better than the ugly oaks The Villages plants! Lucky you!
I hope we meet too!

Well, the image page will not load...google images has nice palatkas.
Btw Palatka is a tiny town south of Jax that has the holly named for it as well ss another native, a variety of koontie.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:35 PM

Thank you so much!

The Palatka tree is beautiful! I am so relieved that it is not a Live Oak. Yes I feel very fortunate on the landscaping that we got! I just hope the Burford Holly are the dwarf kind. If not the middle ones in front of the window will need to get moved at some point.

Again I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to visit and taking pictures!

Are there any gardening clubs in TV?
Old 09-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Sage

Yes, several gardening clubs...I took Master Gardener classes thru Uf. We provide volunteer service assisting state ag extension ofc to provide public education. It is fun!
I did not know the Burford could be a tree. These are small, and one of my favorites!
It was a pleasure. Should you need me to go over again for any reason, it is near where I live and would be my pleasure to help you. Must be difficult not seeing what is happening!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:06 PM

We did the same as Lovey2, anytime the irrigation company, a landscaping crew and the numerous other people who will visit your house to promote/sell their services, I took advantage to ask the name of plants and made a little graph of the yard. I have found most of my neighbors have done away with most of the original plantings and put in palms, etc. It's tempting, since when one thinks Florida, they think: palms and ocean. Wrong, we live in central Florida and will get frost. Palms are high maintenance!
Enjoy your new home, new property and new lifestyle!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:34 PM

Kitty - some of google pictures show Burfords over 10 ft tall and a few sites say they can grow up to 25 ft. I read you can tell the difference of the dwarf and the standard by the leaf. Dwarf leaves are more puckered. It'll be hard to leave my garden here in MI but once we can officially move to TV I'm looking forward to joining a gardening club since I have so much to learn.

Schneil - I feel really fortunate with the landscaping that was put around our new home. Of course I would have loved a palm tree or two since heck we're in FLA. But I'm sure I'll find a spot to blend a small one it or something 'tropical' that's a little less maintenance. I'm always 'tweeking' my current landscaping/garden in MI LOL
Old 09-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default How will we know what's our landscape is made up of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
[/COLOR][/B]

If you wait about six months to a year, you will have much larger plants. The heat and moisture here grow things fast.

I don't understand why you would challenge fixtures, cabinetry, etc. I can't think of ever reading that anyone had been duped.

We have built many new homes in our lifetime. Although this one is not the largest, or the nicest, it was very carefully built and any problem was quickly solved. We are completely satisfied.

No. I don't work for the Morses, but most people here will agree with me. There is nothing wrong with the building and no plot to hoodwink anyone.

In any business transaction it is prudent, wise and just plain smart to check everything. Challenge anything that you know for a fact is not correct. Simply because plants here grow fast is not the point. If you pay for three 20 gallon plants that is exactly what should be planted. Advising any newcomer to childishly trust the developer is bad advice. Is there a plot to hoodwink people, of course not. Mistakes happen and subcontractors can and always will attempt to maximize their profits no matter who they work for. Anyone in the building trades knows this. I'm glad that you were completely satisfied with your building experience and so am I . I like it here and I like what the developer has and will continue to do but if they attempt to slack off for whatever reason I'll be on them like a fly on s--t. That is life, that is reality.
Closed Thread

Tags
provided, home, pictures, landscaping, section, closing, pretty, list, northerner, tia, newbie, place, figured, site, vacation, good, sales, person, educate, names, owners, shrubs/trees/ground, cover, provide, landscape

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.