Hydrawise Help

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2022, 02:22 PM
Default Hydrawise Help

Been here a year and finally got around to putting the WiFi card into my irrigation system. While getting it in and online has been a breeze, getting the programing to work has taken a while and I can't tell you why this works when my other attempts didn't. The issue I'm having now seems to be the Rain Sensor. When it was on a the manual system, I guess I never checked to see if it was working or not but I can't seem to get it work now. I've tried a number of different combinations and in no status that it show that the sensor will stop the system from sprinkling, even after the two gully washers we had this weekend. Any suggestions???
Old 08-29-2022, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,450 Times in 2,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
Been here a year and finally got around to putting the WiFi card into my irrigation system. While getting it in and online has been a breeze, getting the programing to work has taken a while and I can't tell you why this works when my other attempts didn't. The issue I'm having now seems to be the Rain Sensor. When it was on a the manual system, I guess I never checked to see if it was working or not but I can't seem to get it work now. I've tried a number of different combinations and in no status that it show that the sensor will stop the system from sprinkling, even after the two gully washers we had this weekend. Any suggestions???
On the Hydrawise homescreen scroll down to where the weather observations are. The box below it should show your rain sensor status. Mine shows a green box and says "The Sensor Is Not Stopping Irrigation." After those storms the box turned red and said it was stopping irrigation. But it only stayed red for a day. I'm not sure if the sensors can be manually adjusted for how fast they drain or not.

If you can see the sensor status on the app, go outside and fill the sensor with water. You can probably do it from the ground with a hose. See if that changes the status.

If not, go to the bottom of the home screen and click on the help button and type in "Rain Sensor".

You can also set the system to not water if a certain amount of rain has occurred over the past day or week. I use that more than I rely on the sensor

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Last edited by Kenswing; 08-29-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,079 Posts

I don't have a sensor and just rely on the virtual weather station. My system has not watered in a week. It currently plans to run on Wednesday.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-29-2022, 03:22 PM

I agree, not much luck with the sensor that I can tell.
Closed Thread

Tags
system, work, sensor, number, working

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.