I want to give a HUGE shout out to Escapes Landscape and Nursery

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2023, 12:15 PM
Default I want to give a HUGE shout out to Escapes Landscape and Nursery

I had received bids from several landscapers after purchasing my home in The Village of Newell on Newell Loop and the prices were insane! Especially for the blah designs they came up with and limited plantings.

I saw Someone on the landscape forum on here commenting on peoples posts and saw he was trying to offer good advice on plants that will work in this climate and not become out of control in growth.

I messaged him and asked if he was a landscaper since he never told people to call him for landscaping.

It turns out it was Bobby the owner of Escapes Landscape and Nursery.

I had him come out and he was BY FAR the most knowledgeable about the best plants for this zone (climate) and he had really great ideas and his pricing was really good.

I told him I'm from Ohio and therefore ignorant of the best plants to use so I give you free reign to do what you want.

He designed a beautiful three tiered wall for my front landscape bed and a beautiful landscape design for around my lanai and selected large plants and palms and it all looks AMAZING!!

If your new to The Villages and needing landscaping done, OR your landscaping is getting too big and out of control...

CALL BOBBY! (352) 303-8610
You'll be glad you did.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Carman View Post
I had received bids from several landscapers after purchasing my home in The Village of Newell on Newell Loop and the prices were insane! Especially for the blah designs they came up with and limited plantings.

I saw Someone on the landscape forum on here commenting on peoples posts and saw he was trying to offer good advice on plants that will work in this climate and not become out of control in growth.

I messaged him and asked if he was a landscaper since he never told people to call him for landscaping.

It turns out it was Bobby the owner of Escapes Landscape and Nursery.

I had him come out and he was BY FAR the most knowledgeable about the best plants for this zone (climate) and he had really great ideas and his pricing was really good.

I told him I'm from Ohio and therefore ignorant of the best plants to use so I give you free reign to do what you want.

He designed a beautiful three tiered wall for my front landscape bed and a beautiful landscape design for around my lanai and selected large plants and palms and it all looks AMAZING!!

If your new to The Villages and needing landscaping done, OR your landscaping is getting too big and out of control...

CALL BOBBY! (352) 303-8610
You'll be glad you did.
Hi Eric

Could you post a few pictures? Roughly the cost?

We just purchased a home in Newell also, (McKnight Loop) and are looking to do some Landscape upgrades.

Thanks
RCJ
Old 06-14-2023, 02:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

Funny timing of this post - I just spent a good hour this afternoon with Bobby at my home talking about landscaping ideas (I bought my home in Richmond six months ago). This guy knows his stuff! He grew up in Central Florida and has studied horticulture since he was very young. He gave me pros and cons of what type of plants and trees to use, and which ones to avoid. We talked about proper placement of plants and trees, maintenance, soil, and so much else. This was in sharp contrast to other landscapers I talked to, who may have some good architectural designs, but know little or nothing about proper plants and trees suited for our climate here in Central Florida, where it does freeze in winter. And his estimate was very reasonable.

I’m probably going to hire him this week. I was very impressed.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ61 View Post
Hi Eric

Could you post a few pictures? Roughly the cost?

We just purchased a home in Newell also, (McKnight Loop) and are looking to do some Landscape upgrades.

Thanks
RCJ
RCJ - My address is 6601 Newell Loop if you'd like to drive by
Old 06-21-2023, 12:59 PM

My number is 352 303 8610. Cost would be generally 5000-15,000. Depending on if we are doing pavers, sitting walls and columns, how many large trees and privacy shrubs. My design would be custom fit to you and your home. I generally give you an accurate estimate the same day as the estimate.
Closed Thread

Tags
landscape, plants, landscaping, good, climate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.