Landscape contractor

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2023, 08:29 AM
Default Landscape contractor

Has anyone had experience with Jeremy Giles ? Young guy in landscape/pest control business.

Came by to give me an estimate, very knowledgeable, but not picture book of jobs he has completed.
Old 02-25-2023, 07:21 AM

I own a landscape company as well, and carry no portfolio. Though I have designed 1000s of landscapes in the Villages and all over Central Florida over the years. I refer the potential customers to homes I landscaped with a similar design to what they want.
No matter how good they "seem" or how happy your neighbor is right across the street, go see something they did 5 years ago. Most of the landscaping is being done by "landscapers" with no actual education in the field, and a handfull of "pat answers". EIGHTY PERCENT of you getting landscapes installed... will need significant overhauls in 3-5 years. This is because most of the landscapers in TV are just good salespeople. Don't let the size of the company or a huge nursery and advertising budget fool you either.... GO LOOK AT A 5 year old+ job they did, AND VERIFY THEY DID IT. More scammers out here than real designers. And the common tendency for new residents in TV is to think because the plants are different in FL, they can trust anyone who knows the name of 3 palms and 10 shrubs, that built a stack wall and planted a tree or 2 down the street.
Closed Thread

Tags
landscape, jobs, book, picture, knowledgeable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.