Landscape curbing problem

Old 03-19-2024, 06:08 AM
Question Landscape curbing problem

I had landscape curbing put around a live oak tree. The tree roots have now buckled the curbing and made it unsightly. Does anyone have a solution to the problem. I thought about having the cement curbing removed and planting grass. How would I get rid of a lot of cement curbing.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2144 View Post
I had landscape curbing put around a live oak tree. The tree roots have now buckled the curbing and made it unsightly. Does anyone have a solution to the problem. I thought about having the cement curbing removed and planting grass. How would I get rid of a lot of cement curbing.
You could call the trash collection company serving your area and see if they would pick up the curbing during normal pickup, if not ask about special pickup, CSU typically charges $10. You could also replace the curbing with landscape blocks, but I would strongly suggest getting ARC approval for the change.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:10 AM

Quote:
We recently had landscaping completed (Focal Point Landscaping) and they removed the old concrete curbing because of buckling under the oak trees. They replaced with flexible "no dig" edging, which will adjust better to any future changes in the tree roots.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
We have tall, bushy grass growing round all of our trees, which blends well into the next stage (be it grass or ground cover). As previously suggested, maybe the landscaper would take away the concrete as part of the job.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Is section curbing’s? If so take section out dig around root cut it. Fill in replace curbing. Yes, lot work if able and have tools ( you can but lot tools for cost of paying someone), but couple week and soon be flat again.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:10 AM

Dump concrete for FREE!! In Wildwood. PM me

Tags
curbing, tree, cement, landscape, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.