Landscaper Recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Default Landscaper Recommendation

We want to say how much we love our new landscape. The company KGL Landscaping and their design ideas are totally unique and what we were looking for. We or they will post some pics for all to enjoy. Great job KGL. Give them a call. 352-347-8307. They put in an island and redesigned our front. They also reused a lot of our plants so we could enjoy them. Jeannie was the most knowledgeable of all the landscapers we researched. She knows where to put them. I will be on here more often but I had to do the"10" posts, so I could talk about the companies I liked. plus ask other important questions from you experienced talk of the village'ers.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:57 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default KGL Landscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Wow, your first 11 posts in just a little over an hour. Amazing.

funny how so many of these rave reviews about certain landscapers all begin to sound the same. wonder why?

I'd be leery of any business that desperate for new customers.
Our homeowners get the very best of customer service from us. They are highly respected. We appreciate them taking the time out of their busy day to post 8 or 10 random posts or even giving other company's a good review, just to say a kind word about our company. Not everyone has as much time on their hands as some on here do to point out every flaw or recurring statements that might have a familiar word or sounds the same. In fact, if every homeowner that we service actually did post all their good points about us then this "free forum" that you are enjoying would go on overload. Many of our homeowners have read and researched us from other referrals, neighbors, and our website not just through the TOTV forum. Our work and the fact that we actually DO CARE about the products and services we provide to You actually does speak for itself. This forum is just a bonus. Thank you for your concern about our homeowners well being. We are one of the GOOD GUYS.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGL Landscaping View Post
Our homeowners get the very best of customer service from us. They are highly respected. We appreciate them taking the time out of their busy day to post 8 or 10 random posts or even giving other company's a good review, just to say a kind word about our company. Not everyone has as much time on their hands as some on here do to point out every flaw or recurring statements that might have a familiar word or sounds the same. In fact, if every homeowner that we service actually did post all their good points about us then this "free forum" that you are enjoying would go on overload. Many of our homeowners have read and researched us from other referrals, neighbors, and our website not just through the TOTV forum. Our work and the fact that we actually DO CARE about the products and services we provide to You actually does speak for itself. This forum is just a bonus. Thank you for your concern about our homeowners well being. We are one of the GOOD GUYS.
We stand behind KGL Landscaping in that they are one of the "good guys" There are a lot of landscapers coming out of the woodwork because they see dollar signs in working in The Villages... Landscapers who will not stand behind their work or sometimes even finish it. KGL has been around for a long time and has a great reputation in The Villages. We need to publicize the good landscapers so the bad one's are pushed out and can do no more harm.

According to the rules of the forum, you have to post 10 posts to recommend a landscaper... this poster took the time to do this. I don't understand why the comments.... It's through this forum people can learn about any business that is doing good work. This is why we now post for our customers with pictures.... Maybe KGL might consider doing the same.

Sorry KGL... I know this is your thread and I will butt out.

http://mansfieldlandscapingllc.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mansf...67792989904604
Old 06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Kgl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzapp View Post

Whatever you do, don't get a year long maintenance contract with this landscaper. You'll pay a lot of money and will receive very little service.
The best property's we have seen to date are the ones that "Follow" the recommendations we provide or choose the service package that we tailor to best suit your situation and budget. There is a "thing" we call drunk overwatering. When a husband or wife has a few cocktails, they go out and water their plants or fertilize for something to do, it tends to become somewhat therapeutic. But you can sometimes cause way more damage than good. Then they call us in to fix the problems they've incurred just because we offer a warranty. You break it, we fix it? And we still come to the rescue. We ALL want instant gratification, but with a living plant or turf, some things get better with time. Plants need feeding and the right amount of micronutrients as well as their staple nutrients to survive and be healthy. This knowledge only comes through years of hands on experience and training. Which we pass along to you. This year, the weather has been very abnormal for Florida. Long winter, No spring, just basically straight to the summer Heat. Now more rain and humidity, comes more chance for fungus and mold, or root rot, pests and diseases. We work diligently to give you the best looking lawns and beds out there. Its up to you whether you choose to follow our schedule or take matter into your own hands to speed up the process. You are then left to accept the consequences.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Default KGL standing behind their work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield Landscaping View Post
We stand behind KGL Landscaping in that they are one of the "good guys" There are a lot of landscapers coming out of the woodwork because they see dollar signs in working in The Villages... Landscapers who will not stand behind their work or sometimes even finish it. KGL has been around for a long time and has a great reputation in The Villages. We need to publicize the good landscapers so the bad one's are pushed out and can do no more harm.

According to the rules of the forum, you have to post 10 posts to recommend a landscaper... this poster took the time to do this. I don't understand why the comments.... It's through this forum people can learn about any business that is doing good work. This is why we now post for our customers with pictures.... Maybe KGL might consider doing the same.

Sorry KGL... I know this is your thread and I will butt out.

Mr. Mansfield, my neighbor raves about your work. You have landscaped two properties for her in the Villages. Then she complains to me about how rude KGL OWNERS were to her and her husband when KGL landscaped my house! Good guys??. I understand that you will remove and replace a plant if the customer just 'doesn't like it' regardless of how well it is doing and regardless of who is maintaining the landscape. KGL's policy is quit different from yours. You should do more research before you recommend this company. Consider your own reputation! You obviously run a 'class' operation. Come see my property whenever you are in the neighborhood.

And... Why don't you let customers recommend companies instead of recommending each other? Do you have experience with KGL actually landscaping and maintaining property for you? If not, you should not be recommending them, IMHO.

PS: There were no pictures posted by KGL's customer.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
Mr. Mansfield, my neighbor raves about your work. You have landscaped two properties for her in the Villages. Then she complains to me about how rude KGL OWNERS were to her and her husband when KGL landscaped my house! Good guys??. I understand that you will remove and replace a plant if the customer just 'doesn't like it' regardless of how well it is doing and regardless of who is maintaining the landscape. KGL's policy is quit different from yours. You should do more research before you recommend this company. Consider your own reputation! You obviously run a 'class' operation. Come see my property whenever you are in the neighborhood.

And... Why don't you let customers recommend companies instead of recommending each other? Do you have experience with KGL actually landscaping and maintaining property for you? If not, you should not be recommending them, IMHO.

PS: There were no pictures posted by KGL's customer.

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-20-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Unfair reference to Monty Python episode
Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
There is a "thing" we call drunk overwatering. When a husband or wife has a few cocktails, they go out and water their plants or fertilize for something to do, it tends to become somewhat therapeutic.
C'mon, I can't even take anything you said serious after that.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
There is a "thing" we call drunk overwatering. When a husband or wife has a few cocktails, they go out and water their plants or fertilize for something to do, it tends to become somewhat therapeutic.
I've heard of drunk dancing and drunk dialing, but drunk overwatering? It must be a wrinklie pastime.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've heard of drunk dancing and drunk dialing, but drunk overwatering? It must be a wrinklie pastime.
After all that drinking, I hope they are using the hose (and I mean garden hose) to overwater.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.