Landscaping contractors.

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Landscaping contractors.

Has any one used Exterior Spaces for landscaping? Just got an estimate from them to redo our courtyard villa. I am always looking for the pros/cons.

Last edited by OpusX1; 12-10-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Veteran member

We used Evergreen and are very happy with the job they did, and the price. Honest, easy to get along with folks and they stand behind what they do. Be glad to go into detail...via pm.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 PM

We've used L.W.V Landscape. Did a very good job for us - gave us everything we wanted and more, especially Seminole stone chips for our planting beds rather than the mulch we had before. No weed problem now. Fair pricing, get the work done when they say they will, know how to plant (no staking of palms and they don't fall over), and help in the maintenance long term.

Call Lisa at 352-636-8850.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Platinum member
Default McGowan Landscape & Design 352.728.1598

I'd give Sabrina a call. They advertize on TOTV and have done many in our neighborhood. We'll use her when we FINALLY get to Hadley.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 PM

LWV Landscaping has had numerous complaints for work not completed within The Villages. Speaking from personal experience their work is mediocre at best. Numerous plants and Palms had to be replaced at additional cost to me. Lisa refused to answer her phone nor return calls. Personal appearances at her business on CR466 failed to induce her to complete the work. An excess of 20 complaints have been logged in at the Sumpter County Sheriff's Office. Contact Seniors vs. Crime at (352) 753-2799 for additional information.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

We used Sunscape Lawn and Landscaping and were very pleased. Looks Great. Great service. Highly recommend.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Sorry to hear that, Searay. Again, they've given us everything we've asked. Most clients I've talked to are very pleased with their work.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
We used Sunscape Lawn and Landscaping and were very pleased. Looks Great. Great service. Highly recommend.
Opus is my neighbour, and his new landscaping looks terrific! I will definitely use Sunscape if we do any more outside work.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM

Sunscape has just completed my landscaping project. They installed an island with three palm trees. I also had them re-design the main entry way into the house. They completed the job in one day. I am extremely satisfied with the completed project. Sunscape may use my home for a reference anytime.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Default Paradise Landscaping at 356 Rhapsody Path, Hadley Villages

YES...finally after a month and a half, Gretch and her team of Paradise Landscapers FINALLY got around to finishing our yard and placing the rock they they had left undone. It now loooks very nice--the way it should have looked if the job had been completed on time. The job is finally finished.

As to whether you should you any landscaper...1. check them out for references, and 2. NEVER pay her the full amount of money due UNTIl the job is completed. In this way you will never have to wait for Paradise to come back and beg them to do the uncompleted job.

356 Rhapsody Path. The job finally looks nice and is complete a month and a half later.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM

Sunscape has just completed my backyard landscaping project. They did an excellent job. Jeff gave a detailed estimate. The job was completed on time, they did a good job cleaning up and the plants were all healthy. I would recommend them.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Julie

I don't live in TV yet, but I strongly believe in supporting my community. Sunscape is an advertiser on this message board and has been given excellent recommendations by many Villager homowners who have used their service.

It would be at least prudent to have Sunscape give you a quote.

Good Luck.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Default Sunscape

Sunscape just did our back yard. It is Great, the guys were professional and cleaned-up after themselves. Village of Hadley
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM

I am having trouble posting information on this site about a contractor that everyone needs to be aware of. I've tried several time to post the info but am unable to. Where do I go to find out about the rules/regulations on posting stuff for this site. Is there one?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I've seen several comments about L.W.V. Landscaping and a few others. L.W.V. is one that has excessive complaints, especially over customer service and work completion issues. If you happen to check the BBB of Central Florida web site, you will find that LWV Landscaping is rated a very big fat "F". The BBB shows nine (9) registered complaints against LWV in the past 36 months and LWV failed to respond to a SINGLE ONE OF THEM - thus their "F" rating!

Best advice, check and then double check with the BBB, Seniors Vs Crime (both offices in TV) and friends who have used them before hiring any landscaper. DO NOT pay in advance and DO NOT make the final payment until you are 100% satisfied with the work. Remember, their "one year guarantee" most offer on plants that die is only as good as the company itself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.