Landscaping Estimates

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2015, 08:27 PM

Call Leo at Leo's Landscaping. Excellent quality and very fair price. Totally honest and you don't pay until it's done and you're satisfied. 352-266-6448
Old 04-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've heard nothing but good things about Arredondo and Fernwood. I can always tell when Arredondo has done a yard -- it is unique and quite well done with plants appropriate for Central Florida. I've heard a few complaints about Jamie's and McGowan but they have either been minor or downright petty.

Drive around. When you see a landscaping job you really like, especially one a few years old, ask the homeowner who did it, what was liked/not liked about the job and landscaper, maintenance, etc.

The nice thing about landscaping is that it doesn't have to be done immediately. You can take your time and be sure you're getting the right thing without being cheated.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-14-2015, 09:41 PM

I wouldn't recommend Arrendondo. Had lots of problems. PERIOD!
Old 04-15-2015, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

From what I have seen and heard, you get what you pay for so be careful about lowball estimates.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I just had a pool installed by T&D and they used TCL (Tri County Landscape) in Wildwood to replace all the sod and irrigation after the pool was completed.

All I wanted was some basic privacy landscaping around the pool and I was planning to supplement it going forward. I had gotten pricing to install landscape from 3 places ($12,000, $9500 and $9300) so on an off chance they did residential, I asked TCL for a bid. I tried very hard to get apples to apples bids, same plants, same size, the only difference was the $12,000 bid included a palm tree as that was their specialty. Now getting exactly the same stuff is a bit challenging, but TCL did a great job for $3,000. Once again apples to apples is very hard as TCL had to be here anyway for sod and irrigation while the others probably had some cost in their bid for that even though I told them all TCL was doing that work.

So give them a try as their price was the best by a lot. The biggest difference between most was labor. Shrub prices were somewhat close TCL being the lowest, but all the others had huge labor cost in the bid. TCL's shrub prices was for the installed price. Their mulch price per yard was the installed price.

What I don't know, is did they do this job because they do work for T&D or do they do residential work for anyone.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:32 AM

I finally went with KGL Landscaping for my landscaping. Not a good choice. I told him what palms I wanted and he gave me an estimate based on what I wanted. Problem #1 was when the job started and palms were not able to be planted because the area wasn't large enough I needed to replace them with other selections. Because I didn't get a line by line breakdown of how much each item cost I had to take the owner's word about the replacement costs. I just about had it when he told me that weeping bottle brush trees were $400 each. Ouch, at that point I knew I was being taken. Advice, get an itemized quote of each item and above all have the landscaper do a drawing on a site plan of your home with all of the setbacks. Then you'll know you're getting what you paid for.

Last edited by gomsiepop; 04-15-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.