Landscaping Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Dancing Thyme

Don't do that Ron,,, I do appreciate your advice and comments (I'm sure the majority of us do)...

But I have a question, IF, the landscaper does stay within the normal approved set-backs etc., do you still need to get written approval? Seems to me if I got a plot map and we measure appropriately, why would we have to bother ARC with more paperwork? Or am I wrong?

Thanks.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
When I first moved here, 2008, my landscaper required I give her a copy of the plot map, which I did, although she said all the landscapers knew the rules of how far back we need to go from the front curb and she did tell me she got ARC approval. I have nothing to prove that and we can't contact her as she is in the slammer.

When Mansfield redid the front of my house, he stayed within what was previously done, so he didn't need approval but my understanding was he also was aware of the general rules. If my memory serves me correctly, I understood back then that you only needed ARC approval if you were planning something beyond the normal rules of the ARC. I could be wrong about this, but its from my memory at that time.
I think your approval is still on file, when I filed they handed me back my original with an approval cover form, they said they make copies for their records. If you think about it what would the point be if they weren't on file.

As far as another landscaper staying within the bounds, that really isn't meeting the requirements as they were explained to me, it's not just the bounds it's the work and plants etc being changed added or deleted.
So my guess is another approval should have been obtained

Lets say that a lot of new plantings were added and your % of turf was affected, (which it would be) it is upto the ARC to calculate and approve I think.

You would need to call Norman or one of the other coordinators to know for sure.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
But I have a question, IF, the landscaper does stay within the normal approved set-backs etc., do you still need to get written approval? Seems to me if I got a plot map and we measure appropriately, why would we have to bother ARC with more paperwork? Or am I wrong?

Thanks.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Apparently yes you are incorrect, I did that, and my app was denied, they wanted a lot more info I met 2 more times before reapplying. Today it was approved.

The normal setbacks and right of ways are not what you and I thought they are, you need to be another 2' inside of them, bet not too many know that.

Cost me an extra week.

By the way Ron I was not attacking you, in fact I supported several of your posts, please don't miss understand.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Sage

Jimbo - I believe that "amount of turf" rule has been challenged and if you are using Florida friendly water-wise plants they cannot enfore the turf rule. Believe I read that on here somewhere, but I am the worst at searching old posts.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Apparently yes you are incorrect, I did that, and my app was denied, they wanted a lot more info I met 2 more times before reapplying. Today it was approved.

The normal setbacks and right of ways are not what you and I thought they are, you need to be another 2' inside of them, bet not too many know that.

Cost me an extra week.

By the way Ron I was not attacking you, in fact I supported several of your posts, please don't miss understand.

So you are saying that my builder's landscaping design was not in compliance? I just followed what he did, nothing more as far as space goes. On my side beds, I followed exactly what they had in place, so how could it be another 2'??? Doesn't make sense to me. A set back should be a set back? It said nothing about an extra 2' on my land map. Maybe what you originally proposed with beyond the norm? Could you please elaborate on what they wanted more info on? Are you planning to do your own landscaping?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Jimbo - I believe that "amount of turf" rule has been challenged and if you are using Florida friendly water-wise plants they cannot enfore the turf rule. .
They can and they do!

Yes it was challenged last week by myself in fact I had the Univ of Fl extension along with me to get it done.

Two meetings, not happening.

There are laws in Fl that say they can not stop FF but this this my friend is the villages, they stopped me from doing FF.

So I had to submit a modified version or go to Court, I have better things to do with my time and money than go to Court in this instance.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
So you are saying that my builder's landscaping design was not in compliance?
apparently

Quote:
A set back should be a set back?
It said nothing about an extra 2' on my land map
I agree 100% correct and it's not in the C&R,
they just add that in, life in TV
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 PM

That is why I do it for the home owner, because most home owners do not know what they need to draw up, and what to look for on the site-plan. I didn't feel like I was being attacked, I just do not want to be included in any negative talk, especially when I try very hard to do the right thing for all our customers, and landscaping jobs. Didn't mean to cause any hard feelings.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.