Landsculpture Disrespect

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2022, 10:59 AM
Angry Landsculpture Disrespect

I am NOT a customer of Landsculpture, and never will be. This morning they sprayed my lawn and shrubs without my permission. When I called the office to find out why, the owner (a woman) laughed at me, called me "Honey" and said it was a mistake. She seemed to think it was very funny. I told her seriously that I was not amused and that they basically trespassed on my property. She kept laughing and calling me "Honey" until I hung up. Shortly after that a man showed up in a Landsculpture truck, walked across my lawn and through my flower bed and said "Sorry about that!" with a shrug and a big grin on his face. When I told him I as not happy about the "mistake", he waved his hand at me, said "Well forget YOU", turned around and walked away (again right across my lawn). These people are disrespectful and insulting. Yes, mistakes happen, but all they had to do was sincerely apologize and promise the it would not happen again. Insulting people is never OK. Beware!
Old 04-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1384 View Post
I am NOT a customer of Landsculpture, and never will be. This morning they sprayed my lawn and shrubs without my permission. When I called the office to find out why, the owner (a woman) laughed at me, called me "Honey" and said it was a mistake. She seemed to think it was very funny. I told her seriously that I was not amused and that they basically trespassed on my property. She kept laughing and calling me "Honey" until I hung up. Shortly after that a man showed up in a Landsculpture truck, walked across my lawn and through my flower bed and said "Sorry about that!" with a shrug and a big grin on his face. When I told him I as not happy about the "mistake", he waved his hand at me, said "Well forget YOU", turned around and walked away (again right across my lawn). These people are disrespectful and insulting. Yes, mistakes happen, but all they had to do was sincerely apologize and promise the it would not happen again. Insulting people is never OK. Beware!
I don't know what the expectation was, but it's pretty much a certainty that they didn't do this on purpose, and there was no way Landsculpture was going to un-spray the lawn and bushes. The woman was apparently trying to smooth things over. I agree that the guy walking through the flower bed was a bit much.

Maybe an apology--asked for in a respectful manner? People often react in kind, depending on how they are approached.

Putting the best possible face on it...their "mistake" was a freebie that probably ordinarily costs in the neighborhood of $75 - $100.

Last edited by ThirdOfFive; 04-04-2022 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Clarify
Old 04-04-2022, 12:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
It seems to me that the man went out of his way to apologize. As for walking across your property, what did you want him to do, shout from his truck? So, who is the rude one?
Old 04-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Small potatoes to worry with so many other problems in the world.
Oh excuse me only in your world and it’s only Monday.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

I had a similar occurrence with another company, I saw the sign on my lawn. Called the office and explained I have no idea who they are or why they treated my lawn. She took my address, and then realized the 'new' tech had made a mistake, she appoligized for the error, not harm no foul, and they have not repeated the mistake.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

This does seem to be nothing more than a mistake. Whatever they sprayed for, it's something you now don't have to worry about...yeah for you.!!!

But your 2nd part...of your complaining....was that he walked across your grass and thru your flowers....OMG....are you kidding me? A grass man walked on your grass??? Did you call the cops?
ITS GRASS!!..what do you think you do on grass.
When was the last time you walked on some grass? Did it feel better than asphalt?
My thought, go to your back yard ( not where he sprayed) take off your shoes and just walk thru the grass....its nice, it feels good, it makes you smile....go ahead...I challenge you...go enjoy your lawn.🙂
Old 04-04-2022, 12:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Thank goodness for the ignore list.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Thank goodness for the ignore list.
Yup!
Old 04-04-2022, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Walked on your grass? Rather someone walk on my grass than their dog taking a dump on it.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

sounds like someone made a mistake....and you actually benefited

don't sweat the small stuff, life is short
Old 04-04-2022, 05:26 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I've been a Landsculpture customer since 2016. It's a well run family owned business. Sorry you're offended by being called Honey. Welcome to the South, where Honey, Sugar, Darling are staples, not like the *&*&*& you might be used to from northern environs. Bless your heart.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Fuzzy Lumpkins is a major antagonist in The Powerpuff Girls. He hates it when people get on his property, resulting in his catchphrase "GET OFFA MY PROPERTY!".
Old 04-04-2022, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Fuzzy Lumpkins is a major antagonist in The Powerpuff Girls. He hates it when people get on his property, resulting in his catchphrase "GET OFFA MY PROPERTY!".
Don't know anything about Powerpuff Girls. Never heard of Fuzzy Pumpkins. Agree with his catchphrase.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
If you are expecting respect and a concerned response you are in the wrong area. I have yet to find more than 2 individuals actually give two craps about what anyone thinks. You can thank everyone with a petty complaint because that is what conditions the response. Before anyone flames on that - the reason I say it is because one person actually admitted it. They have since been fired, but they did say it's the attitude of the people living here that caused them to act that way towards me - based on an address.

Maybe if people would quit being ridiculous things would change, but I'm sure it won't ever.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:21 AM

I'm sorry this happened to you. Some comments here might think it's funny, but it's
not! That company is wrong and should apologize. Not knowing what chemicals were used, and if your grass was already treated with other chemicals, it could cause your lawn to go in shock. I would take a picture of your lawn and keep it until you see no damage done to your grass. I would also ask that company what chemicals they used, then run that information to the company you use, if you use one. Imo...

QUOTE=KMC1384;2080131]I am NOT a customer of Landsculpture, and never will be. This morning they sprayed my lawn and shrubs without my permission. When I called the office to find out why, the owner (a woman) laughed at me, called me "Honey" and said it was a mistake. She seemed to think it was very funny. I told her seriously that I was not amused and that they basically trespassed on my property. She kept laughing and calling me "Honey" until I hung up. Shortly after that a man showed up in a Landsculpture truck, walked across my lawn and through my flower bed and said "Sorry about that!" with a shrug and a big grin on his face. When I told him I as not happy about the "mistake", he waved his hand at me, said "Well forget YOU", turned around and walked away (again right across my lawn). These people are disrespectful and insulting. Yes, mistakes happen, but all they had to do was sincerely apologize and promise the it would not happen again. Insulting people is never OK. Beware![/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, landsculpture, mistake, told, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.