Landsculpture Disrespect

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2022, 09:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsondm View Post
Sorry Bud, I’m not your “honey” and don’t need to be addressed that way. It is demeaning to many of us. In court I won’t let folks call me by my first name, let alone “honey”.
I don’t think we are in court or in front of your bench.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1384 View Post
I am NOT a customer of Landsculpture, and never will be. This morning they sprayed my lawn and shrubs without my permission. When I called the office to find out why, the owner (a woman) laughed at me, called me "Honey" and said it was a mistake. She seemed to think it was very funny. I told her seriously that I was not amused and that they basically trespassed on my property. She kept laughing and calling me "Honey" until I hung up. Shortly after that a man showed up in a Landsculpture truck, walked across my lawn and through my flower bed and said "Sorry about that!" with a shrug and a big grin on his face. When I told him I as not happy about the "mistake", he waved his hand at me, said "Well forget YOU", turned around and walked away (again right across my lawn). These people are disrespectful and insulting. Yes, mistakes happen, but all they had to do was sincerely apologize and promise the it would not happen again. Insulting people is never OK. Beware!
If getting a free shrub treatment upsets you I’m staying way far from you
Old 04-05-2022, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsondm View Post
Sorry Bud, I’m not your “honey” and don’t need to be addressed that way. It is demeaning to many of us. In court I won’t let folks call me by my first name, let alone “honey”.
Well, good thing the real world is not "in court"...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-05-2022, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Well I’m sure the owner thought he should of used the sidewalk, but on the other hand we didn’t hear the other side of the story. We just heard hear say! We only heard 1/2 the story. If he was treated bad he should of complained to TV head office!
What sidewalk?

-Tom Petty
Old 04-05-2022, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdr@yahoo.com View Post
SWe all put on our pants the same way.
Not me, I put mine on, in a dark closet, while paying some brat $250 for a golf ball...

Let's see who remembers what I'm talking about...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-05-2022, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I had a similar occurrence with another company, I saw the sign on my lawn. Called the office and explained I have no idea who they are or why they treated my lawn. She took my address, and then realized the 'new' tech had made a mistake, she appoligized for the error, not harm no foul, and they have not repeated the mistake.
yeah, i can't believe they would perform a service if they weren't being paid for it. new landscaping techs are always coming & going, & i agree it was employee error
Old 04-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Not me, I put mine on, in a dark closet, while paying some brat $250 for a golf ball...

I do, joke of the week! “Your in my closet now”.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

Well said, "Father" Mintzer.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:01 PM
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
I've been a Landsculpture customer since 2016. It's a well run family owned business. Sorry you're offended by being called Honey. Welcome to the South, where Honey, Sugar, Darling are staples, not like the *&*&*& you might be used to from northern environs. Bless your heart.
Well said,
Manners are a thing here in the South. And if we didn't express them people would complain about that, just saying
Old 04-05-2022, 12:06 PM
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I don't know nada about Landsculpture but certainly agree with the sentiment of the post quoted above. There will always be toads no matter where you live, but down here in the south among the genuine southerners (i.e. NOT the transplants from the north or northeast) pleasant familiarity seems to be the order of the day. I recall our first time down here, eating at Cracker Barrel. There was a lot of people waiting to be seated and I asked the hostess if it would be a long wait. She put her arm around me and said "why, it ain't gonna be that long at all, honey".

Another time, eating at a rib joint in Columbia, SC, my wife and I received our order and as we always do, said a blessing over our food. Before we could dig in, the lady behind the counter (who was also the cook--it was a small place) came to our table and said "the Lord already blessed you--let's swap those out", and replaced our rib portions with portions easily half again as large.

I come from Minnesota, the land of "Minnesota nice". But I think the people who truly believe that have never been out of the state. Southerners seem to have it all over we northern folk when it comes to "nice".
Well Said! Thank you.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:10 PM
Default Yep again

Well put,

=valuemkt;2080380]Not all people acclimate well in the south. You probably object to people you don;t know waving at you as well... And to respond to you in the way you are obviously used to... I'm not your (*&^(*&^ Bud.. AHbbb[/QUOTE]
Old 04-05-2022, 12:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

This will make your day. Get off my property!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNjvGL_04qo
Old 04-05-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I do, joke of the week! “Your in my closet now”.
I don't understand the 250.00 for a golf ball. Are you using golf ball as a metaphor?, perhaps for something else
Old 04-05-2022, 01:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Yes, the Southerns are very friendly.
I'm surprised those Rebels lost the war.......LOL
Old 04-05-2022, 01:12 PM
Platinum member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1384 View Post
I am NOT a customer of Landsculpture, and never will be. This morning they sprayed my lawn and shrubs without my permission. When I called the office to find out why, the owner (a woman) laughed at me, called me "Honey" and said it was a mistake. She seemed to think it was very funny. I told her seriously that I was not amused and that they basically trespassed on my property. She kept laughing and calling me "Honey" until I hung up. Shortly after that a man showed up in a Landsculpture truck, walked across my lawn and through my flower bed and said "Sorry about that!" with a shrug and a big grin on his face. When I told him I as not happy about the "mistake", he waved his hand at me, said "Well forget YOU", turned around and walked away (again right across my lawn). These people are disrespectful and insulting. Yes, mistakes happen, but all they had to do was sincerely apologize and promise the it would not happen again. Insulting people is never OK. Beware!
Just trying to figure out how he cuts his grass without walking on it unless he has a robot cut it.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, landsculpture, mistake, told, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.