Lawn, out of control!

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 AM
Default Lawn, out of control!

We are in need of someone that can take care of our bedding areas, get rid of the weeds and start maintaining the yard. Looking for a person who is dependable, honest, does good work at a reason price. Interested in a monthly rate not a yearly upfront contract.
We live in the Newport Villas (Largo) which are courtyard villas. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by THE NEWCOMER; 06-28-2013 at 04:16 AM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 06-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

I can't recommend one for you, because there are so many rip-offs, but what ever you do with your landscaping do it in "Florida Friendly" which overrides all Deed restrictions, its a fla statute.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Never had a Courtyard Villa but what is "Florida Friendly". And overriding deed restrictions does this Fla. statute extend to other homes in TV???
Old 06-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Default Good Company here....

Give Tri-County Landscape a call. Now be carefull as I've heard there is another company out here trying to copy TCL, but they are not the same.

I've had TCL for over a year and have been very very satisified with their service. They do it all...

352-399-2647

Ask to have Lester come by and talk with him about what you want don and he will fix you up..... Good people
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
I can't recommend one for you, because there are so many rip-offs, but what ever you do with your landscaping do it in "Florida Friendly" which overrides all Deed restrictions, its a fla statute.
Please list the statute.
Never mind. I found it. There is no Florida Statute that sets "Florida Friendly" specifications. It mandates that each water management district set their own standards with "common goals" in mind. The statute fails to dictate that homeowner associations must follow these guidelines. It encourages them, but only that, with the way I read it.

IMO if the appearance of "Florida Friendly" is not offensive to the majority and if it does not negatively impact property values, so be it. However, I know that some people's opinion of "Florida Friendly" extends to what appears to be wild and untamed weeds. That is not a good idea.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Give Tri-County Landscape a call. Now be carefull as I've heard there is another company out here trying to copy TCL, but they are not the same.

I've had TCL for over a year and have been very very satisified with their service. They do it all...

352-399-2647

Ask to have Lester come by and talk with him about what you want don and he will fix you up..... Good people
We are very pleased with their work too. They do weeding and will cut your grass with a gas mower, if you request them too. We live in a courtyard villa and had never had a problem with them. Much better than a man called Randy who was a no-show a lot of times.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:03 PM

We use PTL and they have been great this whole year.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NEWCOMER View Post
We are in need of someone that can take care of our bedding areas, get rid of the weeds and start maintaining the yard. Looking for a person who is dependable, honest, does good work at a reason price. Interested in a monthly rate not a yearly upfront contract.
We live in the Newport Villas (Largo) which are courtyard villas. Thanks in advance for your help.
Just tell whoever you use you will pay them monthly . I don't know where this pay in advance for the work that isn't done yet came from. If they don't like it tell them to walk. I had a friend who moved here several months ago and paid a landscaper a years money in advance. He took her money and she never saw him again. I use landsculpture lawn care 352 999 1929. Using him for last seven months. Comes when he's suppose to , so far so good. You might want to interview 3 or more before you choose one.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

tommy - I think most lawn people charge rates based on an annual contract so that they have a guaranteed income all year round despite not mowing lawns in the dormant months. I'd bet that if someone only wants to contract for 9/10 mos of lawn service they will pay that same 12 mo fee divided by those 9/10 months. we are billed monthly - at the end of the month.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Gold member

I use Sam's Lawn Care and very happy with them. By the way, very reasonable also, for our large lot. Very Reasonable!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

If you are looking for an honest and dependable person ,,,,,Jim's lawn and shrub care..he is the best around and always does
excellent work! give him a call
tell him Barbara sent you!! 352-454-8155
Old 10-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Landsculptures Lawn Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
That is correct, it also makes our services more affordable by spreading the $$$ throughout the 12 months. The biggest reason though is we don't have the time, especially in the growing months, to call and see if the customer is wanting their lawn cut next month.

Most companies that mow by the cut are the ones with no business insurance and don't pay any taxes. They are just looking for some quick cash, not building a reputable business.
I just want to clarify that landsculptures lawn care has what we like to call a gentleman's agreement, instead of contracts; that are paid for in advance. In our agreement we state that we expect you to stay with us for the 12 months and you are welcome to pay monthly. We don't do contracts because we don't think it's fair to pay for work in advance that isn't done and we also don't think it's fair to be cancelled in the winter time. The price is for the year and divided not 12 months (not 10) because we expect that if you are happy you will stay with us.

We just want to be as fair as possible, we have heard so many horror stories of companies taking money and running or not doing a great job after the job is already paid for. This is why we ask for a payment at the end of the month after the work is finished. Most companies would be afraid to not have contracts but since we are trustworthy and do a great job we rarely ever loose customers in the winter, or ever.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to LynnDeb

Is de-weeding included, I see plenty of weed build up even in the slower growing months
Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to Diveda

Are push mowers really that much better for our lawns?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I use a mulching push mower. I was under the impression that "Florida friendly" plants were mainly draught resistant plants native to weather conditions like florida. The plants I seen in pictures from the University of Florida extension office didn't look ugly to me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.