lawn services

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM

You know we saw Stellars brochure and had an extremely good laugh over the pricing and what you get. I'll push a little mower around here and be done in 10 minutes. Maybe I should start a business was my next thought. Could make a killing even asking less than them. Hmm...

To price compare why we laughed so hard...we paid less than the price they were asking for lawn service on the house we're selling in NC which is on an acre of land! Had to hire a service since we left a month before it would close.

Prices around here are severally inflated for what you get. And I mean severely. So glad I talked my father into keeping our little push mower. And we just refuse to pay those prices.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlashokna View Post
You know we saw Stellars brochure and had an extremely good laugh over the pricing and what you get. I'll push a little mower around here and be done in 10 minutes. Maybe I should start a business was my next thought. Could make a killing even asking less than them. Hmm...

To price compare why we laughed so hard...we paid less than the price they were asking for lawn service on the house we're selling in NC which is on an acre of land! Had to hire a service since we left a month before it would close.

Prices around here are severally inflated for what you get. And I mean severely. So glad I talked my father into keeping our little push mower. And we just refuse to pay those prices.
I don't know what the price is that you are talking about but for a moderate sized designer home to have the lawn cut and edged and shrubbery trimmed when needed it should be around fifty or sixty dollars a month. There are many, many services that will do it for that and bill you monthly.

It should cost about fifty dollars to have a designer home power washed.

Please get a number of bids so you don't pay too much. This forum helps a lot as to who is reliable and who is not. I love this forum.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlashokna View Post

There's the concept of what it costs to run a small business effectively that you need to factor in.

It's generally less expensive to do pretty much ANYTHING for yourself versus hiring it out.

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.