lawn services

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Veteran member
Default lawn services

Just moved in to Sanibel about 2 weeks ago. Have to make a decision of who to have for lawn service, which would be mowing, edging, etc and lawn, shrub pest control, plus fertilizing. Would prefer to narrow the search to one do it all if possible. Had Stellar come by and Deans at this point. Any experiences out there with either one? Just a concern on Stellar, they are new to the business, so we do have a concern there if it is a concern.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Default Lawn service

I must be crazy, but I'm planning to use the lawn service of me. Maybe I'll change my mind after I get to TV. The lawns are so small and I have the tools and equipment. It can only take a couple of hours a week and we will have time in our retirement. How stupid am I?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM

We use Stellar. Are very satisfied. When we call with a problem, they come out the same day.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 03-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
I must be crazy, but I'm planning to use the lawn service of me. Maybe I'll change my mind after I get to TV. The lawns are so small and I have the tools and equipment. It can only take a couple of hours a week and we will have time in our retirement. How stupid am I?
If I were to be here full time, you betcha I would do it all myself. But being part-timers as much as we are, we are at the mercy of all the services needed to keep your investment looking good. I guess it is a good thing there are so many to choose from. It is just finding the right one, and just figure it is the cost of living here.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Default lawn service

Have Stellar & are VERY SATISFIED with them!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
Just moved in to Sanibel about 2 weeks ago. Have to make a decision of who to have for lawn service, which would be mowing, edging, etc and lawn, shrub pest control, plus fertilizing. Would prefer to narrow the search to one do it all if possible. Had Stellar come by and Deans at this point. Any experiences out there with either one? Just a concern on Stellar, they are new to the business, so we do have a concern there if it is a concern.
I can also give Stellar an A+ recommendation. Marty and the guys are all wonderful to work with and they are out the SAME day if you need them for something. They are polite, friendly and very helpful. You can not go wrong using them.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 PM

Landsculptures Lawn Care all the way for upkeep of your yard, we offer weekly services and great customer service. This includes edging trimming and weeding for a price you cant beat. If your not satisfied you can cancel the service at any time. No long term commitments here. We also offer landscaping if your ready to advance from the standard pine needle. So give Michael a call at (352) 999-1929 and tell him that Aaron sent you.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
Just stay away from All Seasons Pest Control, just call Seniors A Crimes and see why for yourself! It's better to have the real facts than just my thoughts
Old 03-15-2012, 05:31 AM

We will be moving in early May and I'm planning to do the lawn myself as well. Yards are small even for the premier homes so I think the mowing will not take more than 30 minutes. We'll see.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Default Go with Stellar

We've had Stellar for our lawn care service since we closed on our home Aug 2011. Very happy with them, as are the neighbors who use them also. We felt ok with a full years' payment up front by using our credit card.

Massey is our bug and landscaping company. So, so on them.

Welcome to The Villages!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
Have Stellar & are VERY SATISFIED with them!
I just moved to sanibal last month. Is anyone familiar with kb lawn service. They seem to be competive with other lawn services and they were the company that installed our sprinkler system
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM

You must call RJ's Lawn and Maintenance Services, ask for Jeff at 352-572-4718. Have used this service for over 5 years and NEVER any issues, and always a great job.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Sage
Default Another vote for Stellar!

Stellar for me!

We've had them since we closed and I couldn't be happier! They do EVERYTHING on the outside!

We had an issue that didn't concern them but I called them to see if they could assist. They didn't return my call the next morning... they were at my doorstep to make sure everything was alright and said they would step in to take care of the problem even though it wasn't their issue!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Gold member
Default Stellar

Same for us! A contractor we both know Angie! Turned off our water for three weeks. Stellar was there to help with the situition. I will remember their kindness!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 AM

I would like to recommend JOHN KIRK LAWN SERVICES for anyone south of 466A looking for lawn care .
John did an incredible job with our lawn and was a pleasure to do business with.
Unfortunately ,for business reasons, John gave up lawn care north of 466A and our contract was purchased by a gentleman by the name of Bill McAllister .I strongly advise NO ONE USE BILL MCALLISTER. He did not conduct business in a professional way- John stepped in & helped me out even though I was no longer his customer. John Kirk is a true professional who takes great pride in his work,-I am truly sorry he no longer services our area.
John's phone number is 352-348-9725
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to know details of my experience. Fran
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.