Leaning Rose tree

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2021, 09:10 AM
Default Leaning Rose tree

My neighbor let me know (I do not live in The Villages full time) that I have a rose tree that is leaning and needs to be stabilized and straightened.

Was wondering if there were recommendations for company that does this type of work.
I'm leery of some guy with "a business card, a cell phone and a truck"

(I have tried several things to add a picture of it to this post but have been unsuccessful)
Old 02-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruggsNC1 View Post
My neighbor let me know (I do not live in The Villages full time) that I have a rose tree that is leaning and needs to be stabilized and straightened.

Was wondering if there were recommendations for company that does this type of work.
I'm leery of some guy with "a business card, a cell phone and a truck"

(I have tried several things to add a picture of it to this post but have been unsuccessful)

You do not say when it was planted or when you will be back. Right now it is our cold season. Your rose is not growing much. Tree roses are actually a graft onto what you might call the trunk. In cold areas you are told to protect even bury the top, grafted section. Assuming your tree rose was not hit with something that cracked to main tap root, it will be fine till you can GENTLY force it back to vertical. If, the tap root has been broken, it will never be any good.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:40 AM

Soak the soil with a drip line for a day before you try to straighten. Less risk of breaking the roots
Closed Thread

Tags
leaning, rose, tree, things, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.