Mansfield Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Default Mansfield Landscaping

Beware - we went to Mansfield with his ad to price some landscaping. We were met by a young lady who seemed to be nice, but pushy. A little while later Stan - believe he is the owner - took over. He let us look at some of his pictures, then he approached us and said I am going to give you a price and there is no negotiation, this was going to be a net price. He was very pushy and somewhat verbally abusive. He gave us a verbal price, but would not write it down and said this included all discounts. It was the highest estimate we have gotten. Then he started to badger us and said that why are you going to wait until the Spring, is it the money? He kept on talking loudly and pushing and then he said if you lose a tree on account of the frost we are only talking about $700 and then said is it a money matter? I asked him how he knew my financial situation and all he did was attack us. At that point both my wife and I started to walk towards our car and he was shouting at the top of his lungs at us. I think all the rhetoric coming from his mouth was because in the ad it says that either he gives you a plant worth $25 or lunch. When he knows he is not getting the job that day this is the way he acts. When I asked him about writing down the estimate he refused. I believe he said only on contract he would let us know what things cost for the total price. My suggestion is do not get lured by the free gift, as we never received it. Bad guy.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 PM

We also had a bad/frustrating experience with them. I called to have someone come out to give us an estimate and the young man who took the call said they really didn't like to "waste" their time on estimates unless they knew they were going to get the job. Huh??? He assured me that they would come in lower than anyone else but I told him that price was not our only consideration. He basically told me to call back when we were ready to give them the job. No thanks. I don't do business that way.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Default Mansfield

We also went there. That man cannot look you in the eyes when he talks to you. Wonder why?
He did landscaping for a friend whom we recently met. She lost quite a few trees and when he came to inspect the situation... he wouldn't do a thing for her.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Bosoxfan

Had him here a couple years ago & basically he told us if we weren't going to spend $5000 on our landscaping we were wasting his time.At least that's the impression my wife & I got but he talks so fast you feel like he's railrading you !! We said thanks but no thanks!!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Thumbs down Mansfield Landscaping

What a nut case. We made the mistake of hiring this guy and WOW what an experience. Very pushy and rude in our home when he came to talk with us. As he was flipping through his book, I asked that he go back so I could see the rock we were wanting. The look he gave me should have been enough to tell us this guy is not all there and to stay away. We hired him to do the landscaping. It seemed to be going well until I questioned the person putting in the Kwik Kerb. Mansfield just sent this person over without a drawing of any kind for the project. I had to direct this person about what I wanted. Mansfield brought out plenty of plants to select from and the palm he put in is very nice; all plants have done well. The problem came when I questioned Mansfield about how they were installing the sod. He went nuts shouting at me about how I knew nothing about how to install sod. He also started swearing at me while taking his signs out of the yard and throwing them in his truck. He told me I didn't have enough money to hire him and then drove down the street. He came back down the street and slamed on his brakes, and got out of his truck. I went inside and locked the door. I should have called the sheriff, but didn't. He returned the next day to finish the job. We would not go outside as we were not sure what would happen. He left us a note that said if we didn't like what he had done it was free and to let him know. Well, we didn't call him back as quickly as he wanted beccause there was a message on our answering machine saying he didn't owe us anything and that he would come back it maybe 30, 60, or 90 days and rip it all out. We sent him a certified check requesting a receipt, but haven't heard from him since. Our landscaping looks great, but the experience what horrible.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage

Be very, very careful if you deal with this Contractor!!!!

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-27-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Default Mansfield Landscaping - Steve Mansfield

I wish I had read these reviews before I hired Mansifield Landscaping. I found Steve Mansfield to be very rude in person and on the phone. He actually hung up on me today. I was asking about the warranty he gives on all his plants. Before I could describe what I wanted, he yelled at me that the bush was brown because I didn't water it. I asked why the five others were fine and he just yelled more. I have never been treated like this and am surprised he is still in business.

My recommendation is NOT to use Mansfield Landscaping.

Elaine LeFave
Old 01-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Location: All over CA, ID, WA, and now the Village of St. James, TV
Default Mansfield Landscaping

I appreciate all the feedback about Mansfield Landscaping. I've been thinking about calling them up to get a quote for landscaping. Good thing I checked here first. After reading all the horror stories about them, I searched their name and "Better Business Bureau". I came up with the BBB's rating for Mansfield Landscaping- "F". Not somebody I would want to hire, for sure!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Default Do Not Use Mansfield - Nut Job

We recently used Mansfield to plant some privacy bushes around our birdcage. Steve Mansfield came out and gave my wife an estimate and left a brochure stating a 15% discount if contracted at time of estimate. My wife told him she would speak to me and we would get back to him that day. When I called back and inquired about the discount, Mr Mansfield became very aggressive and insisted the price quoted included the discount. I should have realized by his aggressive behavior that customer service was not his fotre, but I needed the work done so we booked him. When the work was completed the workers insisted on getting paid, but could not give me a receipt. They promised to bring one over the next day, but that never happened. Within two months, one of the plants was very distressed dispite proper watering etc. I called Steve Mansfield and asked if he could send someone to take a look at it. His advice to me was to get a third party to look at it. When I again asked if he could send someone out he really flew off the handle. He went into a profanity laced tirade and hung up on me. Although he kept insisting that he provides customer service, I found him unprofessional, rude and unwilling to guaranty his work. There are too many choices. Do not use this company.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.