Mansfield Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Sage
Default Mansfield Landscaping

I know there are people on this thread who do not like Mansfield Landscaping. Many of you have never met the man and some don't even live in The Villages. When you make disparaging comments about some of the projects that are posted, try to understand that you are not insulting Mansfield Landscaping, but instead the budget and choices of the person who owns the property.

If you don't like Mansfield Landscaping, don't hire him. Your comments are not hurting his business, but instead drawing attention him and his business. I am concerned that the comments could hurt your neighbors.

Mansfield will be fine.... He has been in this business for a very long time. The people who hire him love him.

The people who own the properties you are insulting.... I'm not so sure, won't be deeply hurt.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I just wish Mansfield would stop with the "raves" from his customers. At first, he offered discounts or extended warranties from the customers for them to post here (got tiring to see a first-timer post once about Mansfield and then never be seen again -- pretty obvious they were ads in their own way). When these poor folks got blasted out of the water, he went the route of having them say stuff (bet same discounts, whatever still apply) and he would post -- I sincerely doubt that most people he quotes even look at TOTV. Just as irritating.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I just wish Mansfield would stop with the "raves" from his customers. At first, he offered discounts or extended warranties from the customers for them to post here (got tiring to see a first-timer post once about Mansfield and then never be seen again -- pretty obvious they were ads in their own way). When these poor folks got blasted out of the water, he went the route of having them say stuff (bet same discounts, whatever still apply) and he would post -- I sincerely doubt that most people he quotes even look at TOTV. Just as irritating.
That would be me, since I post for Mansfield Landscaping. Yes... he asks his customers to post for him here. Mr. Mansfield is an advertiser on TOTV. The reviews are honest and the people who allow me to post them have consented to theirs names and villages to be posted here. If anyone cares to speak with these people and ask about their landscaping, they are welcome to do so.

Just because people don't post here, doesn't mean they don't read this forum. I talk to people all the time who say they read but never log on.

I went the route of posting for them instead of them posting.... I made that choice.

Is the point to "blast them out of the water"?

redwitch, I don't think you mind when people post for you. People post for you all the time. I don't see you asking them not to post. Why is it more irritating when someone does it for Mr. Mansfield? You are good at what you do as is Mr. Mansfield.

Honestly, the comments are more a reflection of the commenter.... Not Mr. Mansfield. But the people who's properties that are being commented on... may not realize that.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

boy howdy.

What a strange conversation. I kinda am taken in and swayed by the positive, not the argumentative.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

angie, you do the posts that say claim to be by Mansfield Landscaping and that quote his customers? One big difference between he and I -- I don't offer incentives to have people say something nice about me. If someone recommends me, they do it because they want to, not because they get something out of it, just like those people that I recommend -- they're recommended because they do a good job and I get no benefit from them, either. Other differences are Mansfield inundates this site with his ads -- once a month would be okay but weekly is irritating. (And I never said a word one way or the other on any of his posts, just this thread.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
That would be me, since I post for Mansfield Landscaping. Yes... he asks his customers to post for him here. Mr. Mansfield is an advertiser on TOTV. The reviews are honest and the people who allow me to post them have consented to theirs names and villages to be posted here. If anyone cares to speak with these people and ask about their landscaping, they are welcome to do so.

Just because people don't post here, doesn't mean they don't read this forum. I talk to people all the time who say they read but never log on.

I went the route of posting for them instead of them posting.... I made that choice.

Is the point to "blast them out of the water"?

redwitch, I don't think you mind when people post for you. People post for you all the time. I don't see you asking them not to post. Why is it more irritating when someone does it for Mr. Mansfield? You are good at what you do as is Mr. Mansfield.

Honestly, the comments are more a reflection of the commenter.... Not Mr. Mansfield. But the people who's properties that are being commented on... may not realize that.
Are you compensated in any way by Mansfield for posting?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Sage

Redwitch makes a good point......

Angie, it is a different way to promote, having said that, your opening post contains very odd statements saying that

Quote:
I know people do not like Mansfield Landscaping.
Quote:
If you don't like Mansfield Landscaping, don't hire him. Your comments are not hurting his business
Not certain what marketing strategy is being used?

I think if the completed landscape jobs just showed before/after pics without any third party comments of the owners
(which lacks creditability because you not the owner actually wrote it)
there would be a lot more interest in landscape threads .

For example why not try do a thread each week the same day of the week!

This weeks projects......post the pics no owner comments.

If everybody knew that every Monday for example there would be pics, you would create a following "oh lets seee what he did this week", but if someone doesn't like it don't defend it.

just an idea to think about
Old 10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Sage

The customers who post for Mr. Mansfield give their names, sometimes villages and even the address. If you want to talk to his customers, his website has the location of his jobs in most every neighborhood. You are welcome to speak to them.

Yes.... .He offers compensation to his customers for posting. That is not an unusual practice and I doubt that any would give a review for that. I know I wouldn't. If I didn't like someones work, there is no way I would write a review for them. That being said, we all know that people have the best of intentions and then get busy. This is a way of encouraging them to write the review.

Many of your friends and neighbors have been on this site posting reviews without compensation.... Not to mention the 60 customers who showed up at the Garden show last year to support him. No intensive was given....

To answer the question do I get anything.... I have on occasion. But not like anyone would like to think. He brought me a tree someone was getting rid of out of their yard and about six months later he put a wall around it. I paid for the rest of my landscaping. (which, BTW... wasn't cheap! HA!) I have been doing this for about two years and as long as I believe in Mansfield Landscaping and his work.... I will continue.

Mansfield isn't for everyone. Sometimes people are not a good fit. That goes for all businesses. I'm sorry that it doesn't work out for everyone. But at the end of the day, isn't it better that you find someone that you have a personality match? There are people that I don't click with..... If you go through the threads on this site, you will find where other landscapers have had to say no to some of their prospective customers.

Awww Jimbo... Why did you Misquote me? That's not what I said. There is no one who is liked by everyone. For as good and wonderful as Steve is, he is no exception. And YES! I mean it. For the people who are on TOTV bashing him... Don't hire him. But they aren't anyway. All the people that I know of who have made the derogatory comments.... to my knowledge, haven't hired anyone.

I went back and counted the posts... In 16 weeks, I see 14 posts. That's less then 1 post a week. And I might add..... There seems to be quite a following on his posts as it stands.

Now.... While many of you are on TOTV quite often, please understand that not everyone is. So, please feel free to use the "ignore" button.

Again.... I ask, not just for Mansfield Landscaping, but for all posts where people put pictures out there showing off whatever it might be. If you can't say anything nice about it. Just don't say anything at all. We all have different tastes and many of these people are new to The Villages. This is not a nice welcome. I am on here with competitors and I don't bash the other landscapers. I have made a point of complimenting their work as myself and as Mansfield Landscaping. I of course don't make a habit of it. That would just be plain stupid... wouldn't it?

Steve Mansfield is a good man and a good landscaper and will continue to support him.

If you have read this far.... I thank you.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Sage

I don't see how this thread helped his business.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't see how this thread helped his business.
Gracie, You give people too little credit. You would be very surprised by how much business this thread will bring him.

Last edited by angiefox10; 10-25-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&Lsunfun View Post
I did meet with Mansfield, did talk to him, did listen to his sale pitch, did not hire him. According to the owner, they had plenty of business and he didn't need any more jobs. We all have choices, and Mansfield isn't my choice.
We also met with Steve Mansfield prior to having our home landscaped, front and back. We decided to use Terrascape on CR 301.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-25-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Removed $ Reference
Old 10-25-2013, 02:37 PM
TOTV Moderator

OK, enough of the back and forth. Please limit your comments to the subject business and its products and services.

Thank you.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Gracie, You give people too little credit. You would be very surprised by how much business this thread will bring him.
Well then, keep those cards and letters comin'. Maybe somebody should share this style with Madison Avenue.

I kinda like slogans like

Where's the beef?
Old 10-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well then, keep those cards and letters comin'. Maybe somebody should share this style with Madison Avenue.

I kinda like slogans like

Where's the beef?
Gracie,

People like honesty. I am honest as is Mr. Mansfield. From the feedback, they can see that in the posts.

And yes... Madison Avenue should consider it, if they aren't honest. It will only bite them in the butt if they lie.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 AM

The biggest problem regarding Mansfield Landscaping is this business of " Self " promoting. For example Mansfield completes the job, writes a " Glowing " report on the completed job signs the customer name to it and then Posts the report, complete with photo's.

Once the report is posted one would expect opinions on the completed job Good or Bad what else can you expect. If a negative comment is posted on the project Whoa...hold on to your hat. Mansfield Landscaping leaves itself wide open for opinions good/bad otherwise because of this.

They claim to be the Number#1 Landscaping Company in the Villages, that claim is really a stretch. They I will say are the #1 in advertising, In fact I just got a glossy advertisement in the mail from them today.

There are plenty of really good Landscaping Companies nearby who quietly go about there business and do outstanding work, without all the self promoting, pompous attitude. Quite frankly I am along with others tired of Mansfield Landscaping.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.