Maybe uninformed tree and bushes question

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2023, 09:51 AM

Does anyone know of a company that will deliver a cord of firewood?
Old 11-14-2023, 10:13 AM
Veteran member

You will be extremely lucky to have those trees taken down for anything less than $5,000, and likely more.
Old 11-14-2023, 11:33 AM
Default Oak tree

I have a giant oak tree I will have taken down at some point. I also thought I saw where I no longer need approval. I haven’t even started the process but is a goal for 2024
Old 11-14-2023, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbud View Post
Is there a company that would cut down 2 trees on my property and keep the wood for firewood as payment.
Is there a company or person who would like to come to my front yard and dig out 3 mature but beautiful bushes. And keep them as payment. They are green leafy with bright orange blossoms. All 3 about 5 feet tall.
Believe it or not in MD there are companies who do just what I am asking.
Contact me if you would like more details 443-602-5080
In your dreams!
Old 11-14-2023, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Airbud,

Looks like a major project on the trees, and IMHO, I would want a licensed and INSURED contractor working on this. The bushes you could DIY or have someone else dig out. Be careful, there are probable irrigation pipes in the area. Also, I would be very careful about the trees, IMHO, these should be cut down in pieces so they do not fall on adjacent houses.
I am sure you will not get this done for nothing, and the eventual cost will be a few hundred dollars.
Probably more than a few hundred dollars, VT, especially if you want the stump and roots removed. We just had a holly tree cut down that was planted too close to our neighbor's CYV patio and whose roots were lifting one of her slabs. The roots ran from the back all the way to the front. It never should have been planted there (by developer's landscaper in 2011) and came with the house. We got three estimates and used the company that took out our too-tall palm tree in the front.

The cost for the palm tree, with stump removal, was $600. (We had palm rats in the garage and were not about to wait for someone to come take the palm for free.) The cost of the holly tree, with stump and root removal, was $1000. I believe the name of the company is Airborne. Licensed and insured, good equipment, excellent job and cleanup.
Old 11-14-2023, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

IMO no, no, and no.
Old 11-14-2023, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
You will be extremely lucky to have those trees taken down for anything less than $5,000, and likely more.
Or like my neighbor take out one branch at time, let trash truck haul off the pieces? .
Old 11-14-2023, 04:00 PM

No they work for money not wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbud View Post
Is there a company that would cut down 2 trees on my property and keep the wood for firewood as payment.
Is there a company or person who would like to come to my front yard and dig out 3 mature but beautiful bushes. And keep them as payment. They are green leafy with bright orange blossoms. All 3 about 5 feet tall.
Believe it or not in MD there are companies who do just what I am asking.
Contact me if you would like more details 443-602-5080
Old 11-16-2023, 06:30 AM

OK people, lets get the PRO answer.

Golden Raintree, and a Drake elm. Not good for firewood in a fireplace. Will make a good bonfire with lots of popping and sparks.

The Raintree is on the invasive species list, no approval needed. The Drake Elm is not a native to Florida so no protections in place by the State or County. The Elm got popular a few decades ago and many got planted, the shallow spreading roots playing havoc on lawns and mowers have caused many to be removed as of late.

Michaels is my go to guy, fair pricing, knowledgeable and all around good guy. Went to high school with him in the 80s.

The firebush will likely get knocked down this winter. If we actually have a hard winter (hasn't been one since like 1998) they won't come back. Easy to dig up though, and will most likely die if transplanted. They grow fast, not worth the time to try the transplant.
Closed Thread

Tags
payment, company, bushes, blossoms, feet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.