Mow - blow - go...our lawn

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default Mow - blow - go...our lawn

We have a small parcel of land w/house in the historic district for which we are charged $50 a month to have the lawn [St. Augustine] mowed, edged and the cuttings blown back into the yard which takes maybe 15 minutes. However, we only get one cut a month from Oct until the growing season starts again, whence we get weekly service. Each time we return to TV we then must clean out the sprinkler donuts and reseat those donuts.

In researching prior 'lawn service' posts I could only find one post that indicated this is a normal fee charged by most landscapers for this type of service. Does anyone here pay a better rate than $50/month.

Three weeks between cuts seems to have the lawn looking a bit shabby and I would think that we should have at least two cuts over the dormant period. I really do not like to pay for a service I do not receive.

Your thoughts, please. Thanx

Old 12-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Default Lawns

Look around I think you can find a better price and service out there.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The rate seems about right but only once a month during winter doesn't seem reasonable at all -- most come twice a month. I do know that Azteca Lawn Service only charges for the times they actually come so that winter months are basically half price. I've seen their work and have been favorably impressed.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

The price seems about right. I play a little more per month but I have a corner oversized lot. Once a month during the dormant season does not seem right. Mine goes to every other week and uses a shorter "dormant" season - December, January and February.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Veteran member

During the spring and summer months, it is necessary to mow at least every 10 days. Thus 3 times per month and usually during oppressive heat and humidity. Anyone knowing the cost of maintaining a lawn mower, sharpening blades, replacement blades for the edger and string for the string trimmer and the cost of gas to run all four devices (blower) would agree that 20 bucks a pop would be fair. So 50 bucks a month looks reasonable or 35 for villas. Now give the guy a break, he works less in the winter months to cost average the 12 month period.
Want to do it yourself??
Above items cost approx $500.00 less gas, string, edger blades. Feel better??
Handie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.