My Stellar experience

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default My Stellar experience

(Tried to post this earlier and not sure it went through)

Because of the recs coming from TOTV, I was going to call Stellar for an estimate. It turns out I was able to flag them down out front while petting someone's little dogs. Garrett was the person who came in and gave us an estimate. Our friends who moved here in October had seen Stellar's flyer in our house and thought the price was great.

Garrett is now installing our doughnuts, will be doing pest control and lawn fert. We'll wait to sign up for mowing. (We've only been here two days and our Visa card is overheating.) But the price seemed as reasonable as our friends' mower's charge. Plus his prices are good for 13 months, so there's a savings there too.

When we finally get around to enhancing the landscaping, they will give us 10% off. So far, we're very pleased. Will let you know more later. But I like having everything bundled with one company.

The day we moved in, someone showed up with two huge palms on a trailer and wanted to sell them to us. Said they were Washingtonians. We said no because we're not ready for that yet, and later found out that Washingtonians grow to be 100 feet. I guess I'm glad we turned him down, and will be very cautious about people just showing up at the door.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
(Tried to post this earlier and not sure it went through)

Because of the recs coming from TOTV, I was going to call Stellar for an estimate. It turns out I was able to flag them down out front while petting someone's little dogs. Garrett was the person who came in and gave us an estimate. Our friends who moved here in October had seen Stellar's flyer in our house and thought the price was great.

Garrett is now installing our doughnuts, will be doing pest control and lawn fert. We'll wait to sign up for mowing. (We've only been here two days and our Visa card is overheating.) But the price seemed as reasonable as our friends' mower's charge. Plus his prices are good for 13 months, so there's a savings there too.

When we finally get around to enhancing the landscaping, they will give us 10% off. So far, we're very pleased. Will let you know more later. But I like having everything bundled with one company.

The day we moved in, someone showed up with two huge palms on a trailer and wanted to sell them to us. Said they were Washingtonians. We said no because we're not ready for that yet, and later found out that Washingtonians grow to be 100 feet. I guess I'm glad we turned him down, and will be very cautious about people just showing up at the door.
We made an appointment with Marty for a few days after we closed. The day we closed Matt was drying around. I told him I had an appointment with Marty in a few days and he said he would be glad to handle it right then. We had a busy day and I was tired and hungry so I asked if he minded if I went to get lunch first. Of course he understood. I had given him my name and he called Marty to let him know that I was going to take care of everything with him. Before we could pull away, he asked if I was Angie Fox on TOTV. I told him I was. Marty told him to go ahead and take care of us. So while we were getting lunch, they were working on our lawn.

When we came back with our lunch I think there were four gentlemen working on my lawn. They seemed to have it all under control! Stellar takes care of EVERYTHING. I too like having one company doing it all!

I felt confident with Matt and really feel good about hiring them. We bought the whole package.

I was impressed! All I can say is, check with them before you sign with anyone!

Last edited by angiefox10; 02-02-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Fat fingers. Everyone else is using Stellar... I seem to be using Stekkar!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default Stellar

That's good feedback, Angie. Did you happen to do any landscaping with them, or anyone else?

I'm also glad that they will be using a walk-behind mower as opposed to a riding one. We have a very small lot, but two houses down on the same size lot, they're mowing on a rider. Seems like a waste of gas.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Sage

I didn't talk about landscaping yet. As you said... It's all so overwhelming!

I am planning to keep my landscaping and add rocks and a wall to edge it! They said their landscaper will come out when I'm ready to discuss.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Sage

We got a quote on power washing our house and birdcage from Stellar. It was double the quote from Egners. We used Egners and they did a great job.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Gold member
Default Good vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I didn't talk about landscaping yet. As you said... It's all so overwhelming!

I am planning to keep my landscaping and add rocks and a wall to edge it! They said their landscaper will come out when I'm ready to discuss.
I had Stellar take over our new lawn and maintain it for us while we are away. I felt very very comfortable with Marty and the company. What else can you do when your away you have to trust!

Although I will admit I am in shock at the lawn rates for a postage stamp in TV compared to what Tru Green charged me up North for a 1.5 acre lawn.

It is what it is I guess?
Old 02-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
I had Stellar take over our new lawn and maintain it for us while we are away. I felt very very comfortable with Marty and the company. What else can you do when your away you have to trust!

Although I will admit I am in shock at the lawn rates for a postage stamp in TV compared to what Tru Green charged me up North for a 1.5 acre lawn.

It is what it is I guess?
For a lawn the size of yours it should be around $55 a month for cutting, and edging...some people even throw in chemical weeding for that. It is good to shop around. That is what we paid for our lot in Hadley for three years. We have not contracted yet for our bigger lawn here but out back door neighbors who have about the same size pay $75 a month.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:21 AM

I have contracted with Stellar for all of their services. Paid for 12 months in advance and got 13 months of services. (They are the only company I would ever, ever pay in advance for services. I am quite service provider savy.) I took the amount paid, divided it by 13 and came up with a figure that was very managable for us and considerably lower than the same services paid to multiple providers at the two previous homes we have owned in The Villages. Plus I only have to deal with one company.

I am the caregiver for my chronically ill husband. Marty, Justin and their crew have moved me to tears on several occasions by their above and beyond services and caring.

You get what you pay for. In this case I got a reasonable price, one terrific company, not multiple companies, to deal with and peace of mind with regard to what needs to be done to maintain this house.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Sage

I think the key here is to buy the package. By purchasing the package we are paying about what you would pay for a mowing service and getting everything! From what people have told me the cost of a mowing service is per week... this is a deal.

As suggested in the previous comments.... If you try to hire them for individual services, you will pay more. The deal is in the contract.

As of now, I'm happy. The proof of the pudding will be if we re-contract in 13 months. I have a feeling the answer will be yes....

Stay tuned!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Gold member
Default Walk-Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
That's good feedback, Angie. Did you happen to do any landscaping with them, or anyone else?

I'm also glad that they will be using a walk-behind mower as opposed to a riding one. We have a very small lot, but two houses down on the same size lot, they're mowing on a rider. Seems like a waste of gas.
Not to mention the ugly Black Tire Scrub Marks on your driveway from a Zero Turn Mower or because of their weight and skid turns crushed and damaged Irrigation.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.