Native Lanscaping Review

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2023, 12:42 PM
Default Native Lanscaping Review

After seeing some very nice paver driveways I made note of the business on the sign left at the job. We spoke to two homeowners who were very happy with Native and Earl the owner.

We got a consultation to remove the concrete driveway, install pavers, fix the affected landscaping, etc. We were assured that they do excellent work and not to worry. We got some of the concerns in writing and waited for our turn after choosing the paver color.

The job went well at first. Native installs a concrete footing to support the pavers at the edge and does a great job overall. After the pavers were laid, we paid the last installment and waited for the final sanding and sealing of the pavers as per the contract. The idea being that they have to wait for a dry spell to do the sealing and that's how they roll.

Then the waiting game started. Then the first coat of sealer wasn't right and had to be pressure washed off. Then the pressure washing unsettled some of the pavers. Then the pavers that went under the garage door were not level and the door would not shut properly. Then Earl tried to blame the door for the problem and wanted us to call a door company. Then we had to threated legal action after waiting two months for them to return and do the final sealing. They did finally return and redo the pavers under the garage door, but we had to argue with them to get them to return.

Then they finally came back and sanded and sealed the pavers with the thinnest coat of sealer possible. I later found out which sealer they used and the manufacturer recommends a full double coat with a heavy roller. Most of the sand is quickly washing away as the sealer was not applied sufficiently to soak the sand and keep it in place. We will be redoing it soon.

They did return and slightly fix the grass, but we have since had to re-sod to make it right. We paid for full pallets of pavers, but only left us 10 spares. I am sure one trick is they keep all the extras for other jobs, but that is speculation.

So oddly enough, they are capable of doing good work, but watch out at the end as they left us high and dry and never really left us happy. Earl never answers his phone, the office rarely does. The texts I have gotten from Gina, at the office were not friendly.

Google them and go see their work site down on 44 if you are bored.

I can't recommend Native for sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
pavers, door, sealer, return, native

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.