Okay SERIOUSLY. Is there anyone who can maintain a yard?

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Could you tell me what you pay for Fertigator and what you get for that? Even PM me if you want. We have them and loved them for the first year or two but lately they have been unresponsive to a problem we have in our yard. They didn't fill our fertigator on time and our yard was light green. Then I called for them to come out to meet with us and fill it and they did two weeks later and didn't leave a note. I asked why and she said they don't leave notes in door anymore they email it to you, which they did not. They still didn't address the problem on the yard of brown grass in two areas. I called again and asked them to make an appointment with me to come out and discuss the problem and it has been three days and no one called. I'm about ready to kick them to the curb. All of a sudden they emailed me with a $90 bill which I have no idea where it came from as we pay every month. She said we were double billed for March.
We have their Total Care Package. Includes:
Lawn mowing (weekly April-October, biweekly Nov-Mar)
Lawn & plant fertilizer thru the sprinkler system
Management of sprinkler control and timing system
Spring and Fall inspection & adjustments of sprinkler system
Pest control spraying
Weed control spraying
Plant & tree disease control spraying
Bimonthly trimming of all plants, shrubs and trees.

They advertise this Total Care Program for $1,595 annually for Villa/Small lots.
We pay slightly more for our Designer/Midsize lot. We also have extensive landscaping, planter walls and lots of trees.
We pay extra for their Springtime Hydretain Treatment, $90, that promotes fast and lasting lawn green-up over the summer months. Things like dethatching and core aeration are extra also extra.
Best to call and have them come give you an estimate based on your lot and extent of landscaping. I negotiated my final cost.

Also, we've been happy with Fertigator but I'm a firm believer that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I keep track of the schedule commitments and start calling them several weeks before all the special non-mowing services are due to be completed. I also made sure I have direct access thru text, email and cell phone with a management contact. They know quickly when I'm not pleased and have consistently responded promptly.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Newbie View Post
Okay SERIOUSLY. Is there anyone who can maintain a yard?

We have used Chad's and Deans and our lawn looks AWFUL.

Recommendations for someone good and reasonable who will mow EVERY week in the growing season would be much appreciated.

You want serious ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2018, 05:44 AM
Gold member

No.

My neighbor has been thru many companies and none of them are to his liking - but he refuses to do the work himself.

Look for an individual owner/operator who is conscientious...Good luck with that.

I save the $1800 per year and do my own work at a tiny fraction of that price. It really is good stress relief after a hard day of goofing off. Get the quiet EGO self-propelled 54v battery mower with headlights and mow in the evening...$500 at Home Depot.

There is a house on Devonshire Way where the owner replaced his lawn with rocks.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:07 AM

Best idea get rid of the grass and go native drought tolerant. Cut way down on the watering, no chemicals and a lot less work. Besides how many of us go out an play in our yards anyway!!!
Old 05-19-2018, 02:58 PM

I have had good luck with Deans. At least they show up when they are supposed to and they are very responsive to any call or inquiries. NEVER use a company called Service Smart. They not only do not show up but they ask for a year payment up front and if you are not satisfied - too bad. We signed up for 1 year and they came once in the first 3 months after we signed up. Once to mow once to fertilize. I have been trying to get a refund ever since I fired them but so far nothing. Fast talkers but terrible follow through. I should have checked the BBB rating which is an F.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Best idea get rid of the grass and go native drought tolerant. Cut way down on the watering, no chemicals and a lot less work. Besides how many of us go out an play in our yards anyway!!!

Deed restrictions will not allow getting rid of grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Trompe l’oeil. It literally means “trick the eye.” There is a magnificent example in the UU church in Provincetown. Uumh.org has a few samples.
I don't know if Trompe Is’oeily, but Pruitt likes Ritz-Carlton moisturizing lotion.
Closed Thread

Tags
maintain, yard, week, mow, reasonable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.