plant dieing

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Default plant dieing

Less than one year old plants dieing. I was told they had a white bug called "scale" killing them. I would like to take care ofthem myself. What is the treatment to kl them and ptotect the other plants and shrubs? Thank you.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 PM

Suggest you visit the Master Gardeners. They were very helpful to me. Bring a leaf or pictures and they will help you.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Someone tell me which rec center hosts the agricultural extension folks.

The folks who planted our new plants said that if you feed and water your newly planted bushes and plants correctly, that will protect them from most disease and raise their ability to fight plant disease.

There are agricultural extension people who come to one of the southern rec centers every Tuesday(?) to answer questions on plant health and help you choose zone specific plants to add to your yard.

But I don't remember which rec center. Truman?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
Suggest you visit the Master Gardeners. They were very helpful to me. Bring a leaf or pictures and they will help you.
That's the best advice, 3puttharry.
Any remedy or treatment always depends on particular circumstances and details.

Not every remedy can be applied to every plant.
If your plants are not yet a year old, that is a factor too.

Using the wrong treatment, or using it at the wrong time can often kill a plant that is compromised and you will then have spent extra time and money to end up speeding it's demise.

In the meantime, try searching the internet about your particular plant and it's pests/diseases. That may be very helpful as well.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
......... There are agricultural extension people who come to one of the southern rec centers every Tuesday(?) to answer questions on plant health and help you choose zone specific plants to add to your yard.

But I don't remember which rec center. Truman?
Here's some info:

Sumter County Extension Office ? Solutions for Your Life - UF Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences

Scroll down to "Florida Gardens, Questions and Answers" - held at Sterling Heights.

See also "Plant Clinic Locations" just above that - held at the Sumter County Government Annex Building near Morse and 466.

Bill
Old 01-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here's some info:

Sumter County Extension Office ? Solutions for Your Life - UF Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences

Scroll down to "Florida Gardens, Questions and Answers" - held at Sterling Heights.

See also "Plant Clinic Locations" just above that - held at the Sumter County Government Annex Building near Morse and 466.

Bill
That Bill-N-Brillo are always full of helpful information!!! You guys are like conductors of an Orchestra

Last edited by PaPaLarry; 01-19-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Sage

Thank you, PaPa!

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.