Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
The old people?????
The old-er people. er. er.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 PM

I can't imagine the management had anything to do with it but there are 4-5 bunches of the fakest fake flowers you have ever seen in the community island of a cul de sac near me. They have been there for months and I pass therm on my morning walk of the neighborhood. Makes pink flamingos look like a million dollars ! I have also seen a white ibis similar to flamingos, but much better looking and tastefully placed in landscaping. Legal? No? Probably not, but looks good to me.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Veteran member

If plastic flowers are a violation of the deed restrictions, call enforcement.
Personally I do not like the ideas of cars parked in driveways all the time that do not match the approved home colors.
I think this thread and restriction stuff has gotten out of control.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Eternal Member

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM

Have any of you gone to Michael's to see the fake flowers? They are beautiful, not plastic looking at all, some older folks may not want to weed and feed and watch the flowers die.
Give them a break, I agree that we can have too many restrictions here, lighten up guys!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Eternal Member
Default Artificial flowers

I have posted this before and I am posting it again. The only things that grow down here is grass, green plants and weeds. If you want flowers you had best be prepared to send some money. Why do you think they replace the flowers every 3 months around TV? Because the sun and the heat and the lack of water is not conducive to plant growth. Yes, there are some the wild flowers and other flowers you can grow but if you don't keep trimming and weeding them, they take over the yard and then you are in deep doo-doo trying to control them. Usually you end up digging them up and starting over.

There is nothing wrong with the artificial flowers as long as they are changed as the seasons come and go. I have seen many yards with artificial flowers that look great.

I know that some of you that are complaining are not even down here for the winter season yet and then you go back in the spring. Wait until you live here full time. Unless you have a green thumb and a lot of Miracle-Gro, you will be looking for artificial flowers yourself.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Z You and I are usually on the same page.....

If everybody had the same tastes Z we would only have vanilla ice cream and all the guys would be married to Angelina Jolie.

AND you are absolutely right about the flowers being difficult to maintain. I am usually pretty good at growing flowers and kids but you really have to baby the flowers in the intense heat and even all that care can't really keep them going when they are spent.

I think no flowers are better than the obviously false ones. And you are right dog, there are some pretty ones at Michaels.

It isn't a matter of choice though. It is a deed restriction south of 466.

Say Goodnight Gracie.

Don't be mad at me Z.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:42 PM

Gracie, I love your sense of humor, but do you read the deed restrictions like the Bible?

You must have every deed restriction written down. hehe
Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Please cite which deed restriction you are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If everybody had the same tastes Z we would only have vanilla ice cream and all the guys would be married to Angelina Jolie.

AND you are absolutely right about the flowers being difficult to maintain. I am usually pretty good at growing flowers and kids but you really have to baby the flowers in the intense heat and even all that care can't really keep them going when they are spent.

I think no flowers are better than the obviously false ones. And you are right dog, there are some pretty ones at Michaels.

It isn't a matter of choice though. It is a deed restriction south of 466.

Say Goodnight Gracie.

Don't be mad at me Z.
Gracie: I read the deed restrictions for several areas south of 466 and I cannot find any that say an owner cannot have artificial flowers. Please give me a district number and the paragraph number, and quote it here. I have tried to find it and cannot. I am very sincere in the knowing if there is in fact such a restriction.
http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...terCounty.aspx

I must say some of the restrictions are disturbing.
Section 2.20: How many residents notify the Developer whenever they are leaving for more than 7 days and simultaneously notify him of their intended return date? Holy Cow! Is there a website for that or who do you call?

Section 8: Is it really true that the developer can amend the restrictions anytime he wants by just filing a document in the public records of the county but he does not have to give the residents any other notice notice nor any opportunity to object? Can that be true? Are you kidding???

I was surprised at reading some of the others also.
Thanks.. JJ
Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp

Yes, there are indeed fake and I mean very fake flowers here in my village of Bonita. I pass them every day along with a small fireman statue watering another lawn. Community watch passes them every day as well. They have been there for months.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Veteran member

My understanding is that restrictions allow a statue (or pot or birdbath etc.) as long as it functions as a fountain.
Don't know about plastic flowers. They're tacky and ugly and we have plenty of real flowers.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Don't be mad at me Z.
Actually, I said grass, green plants and weeds so I would be more pistachio than vanilla. And Angelina Jolie does not rock my boat. How did you pick her?

I could never get mad at GG.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Actually, I said grass, green plants and weeds so I would be more pistachio than vanilla. And Angelina Jolie does not rock my boat. How did you pick her?

I could never get mad at GG.
shania Twain,Jennifer Anniston,or Halle Berry...now you're talking!!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Default Too high maintenance!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
shania Twain,Jennifer Anniston,or Halle Berry...now you're talking!!
I think Annette Funicello is still the best. Does this mean I have to cancel my semi load of pink flamingoes? (Dang it. I had such plans!)
- Irving Kristol
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.