Plastic Flowers???

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM

We noticed them at our home we just bought out front and back, wife just shook her head and said she has never seen anything like that.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

To get back on topic, I agree with the several other posters and don't think there is any reason to ever have fake flowers. My family are native Floridian's and are spread from Pensacola to Jacksonville to Tampa to Key West and almost everywhere in between and I have never known of any of them to have plastic flowers!

Last edited by Halle; 09-24-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

GG you will LOVE this, the cute village over by Sweet Bay with the $500,000 homes (sorry can't think of the name of it????) Anyway....has LOTS of fake flowers, go take a look for yourself
Old 09-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Veteran member

Village of Lake Sumter Landing...that is the name! My friend and I drove through there last spring and couldn't believe all the plastic flowers. Our guess was.....so many of those houses are empty so TV doesn't want to spend a lot of time & $ taking care of them????
Old 09-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
Village of Lake Sumter Landing...that is the name! My friend and I drove through there last spring and couldn't believe all the plastic flowers. Our guess was.....so many of those houses are empty so TV doesn't want to spend a lot of time & $ taking care of them????
Old 09-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
GG you will LOVE this, the cute village over by Sweet Bay with the $500,000 homes (sorry can't think of the name of it????) Anyway....has LOTS of fake flowers, go take a look for yourself
I will go and look just as soon as we get back on Campus in exactly 21 days, 16 hours and 21 minutes.

I think you are talking about the Village of Lake Sumter Landing, THE COTTAGES, capitalized. For those who may read this and have never been here,those darling cottages were used three or four years ago for guest quarters for folks taking their lifestyle visit and they are adorable. However when it was time to phase them out, The Villages priced them way too high to sell. They are sold decorated, but the big problem I think is the garages are too small compared to most designers and the porches aren't screened AND I think it would be noisy living close to Lake Sumter Landing, but the ones on the lakefront would have a gorgeous view, and of course the lighthouse being nearby, the huge ships would never crash anywhere near at all. (LOL)

I think the reason they are empty, is because they aren't selling very fast for the above reasons, but I can't think that THE VILLAGES would deflower their own property with PLASTIC FLOWERS Ug.

One of the reasons I STRONGLY dislike plastic flowers in this climate is that they fade. ANd some of them...rust where there little wires are, and they aren't the same color as real flowers and ever since I went over the Lifelong Learning College and took me some art classes, I think of myself as an artist and they just..........aren't....uh....artistic.

A lot of people put plastic flowers in the cemetery, but that is a whole different thing.

I need coffee. Shadow is gonna beat up on me, I can feel it in my bones.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.