Please beware of L C Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Default Please beware of L C Landscaping

Please beware of L C Landscaping. The owner's name is Lee Cobb. Lee is extremely nice but is not a man of his word. His guarantee is useless. Lee drives a black truck with a trailer full of palms to sell. He has been through the village of Sanibel and I am sure he is heading south. If you know of anyone below Sanibel, please warn them. I do not want my mistake to happen to others.

L C Landscaping & Design 386-337-2350 407-924-3408
Residential & Commercial
Licensed & Insured

This is the advertisement on the sides of Lee's black truck

Janet
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2566.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	17432  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:43 AM

Was that the one we saw stopped by 3 police cars last night? I sure hope so...
Old 07-17-2013, 10:40 AM

Licensed and insured....most use this as a flag for credibility. Doesn't say much until you dig out the details.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Some details would be nice. A vague warning with absolutely no specifics is pretty meaningless to most. I can't say anything about this company -- don't know them, have never heard of them, have no clue if they're good or bad.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM

Knocked on our door wanting to sell a palm tonight. Called Community Watch after asking him to leave. Looks like they were casing houses to me. Bad news!

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:21 AM

He approached us to buy a palm also. I liked it but did not buy. Perhaps later - thinking about doing some small work with him. Did you lose any money to Mr. Cobb? How did he not keep his word?

Of course, he isn't suppose to solicit but he is with good company. Back in Mallory, Massey knocked on our door trying to sell pest control.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

This gentleman has been around for several years. Reasonable pricing on palms compared to most but as you said, once he's gone, he's gone. He has been told 3,427,465,143 times (ok, that could be a little exaggeration) by the Community Watch that he is NOT to go door to door, but continues, as does other people trying to sell their services. Let the buyer beware!!!!!
You also didn't state what was your problem with this man so it is hard to figure out why you are bashing someone without proper cause.
I see so many people spending a lot of money on palms and not watering them adequately. Drive up and down Pinelles or any of the newer streets for that matter, and see all the yellowing palms. A new palm needs water daily for the first 30 days or so and then can be cut back some until it has gotten established.
In closing I will add, I was watching a friends home last year and noticed a problem with an irrigation head, so when I ran it and found there was a problem, this gentleman was driving by and actually stopped to offer me help. Although I didn't accept it, I thought that was kind of him to do.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Default lanscaping

I also bought a palm from him. It died within 3 weeks, I tried calling him and left messages and also called his girlfriend as I had her number on the bill of sale. She said she would tell him. He never did call. On the bill of sale it stated that the palm was guaranteed for one year. Lesson learned !
Old 08-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

c'mon folks. would you buy an appliance (washer, dryer,etc.) or maybe a piece of furniture (sofa, bedroom set) from someone who knocked on your door? in addition to our no soliciting policy here in the villages that should warn us not to participate. these folks sell the trees because people want to buy them, plain and simple. if we refuse to buy then they would have no market. it would be nice if the villages realtors helped out the newbies and forewarned them of such goings-on. by the time the new residents go to orientation it is already too late!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.