Popups.

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,952 Times in 2,463 Posts
Default Popups.

If you replace your popups or hire some to do it I recommend don’t install ones picture on left which is Orbit brand under the overhang of your roof.

See the white bushing around the popup nozzle shaft. It can deteriorate and fail (agree it takes few years) and shoot water up like fire hose. Important if along side of your house under the roof overhang.

I replaced mine with these rain bird brand (picture on right) no bushing to fail. Little harder to get head cap off if need to get to guts but worth it IMO.

Most of time when I have popup fail I just unscrew head and replace guts with out digging it up. Course I hold the outer housing while unscrewing the top cap that holds the nozzle shaft, spring, seal and Racket paws.

The one that failed was at least 4 years old and I might of increased its failure by accidentally spraying weak killer on it? Never had the other type explode and shoot water up like that.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 09-29-2023 at 12:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
fail, bushing, roof, popups, popup

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.