Question about Fertigator

Old 04-23-2024, 11:50 AM
Default Question about Fertigator

Does anyone know of a past or current lawsuit against Fertigator? I have heard a RUMOR that their system can damage the sprinkler system plumbing to the point that it needs replacement. Of course, thanks in advance for the information.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:48 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,117 Times in 1,347 Posts

Nope, but they do a good job at my home. And they maintain my sprinkler system.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:35 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,789 Times in 3,653 Posts

You can sue for anything.

I sued my neighbor for being ugly.
I didn't win, but I did sue.

Old 04-24-2024, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Nope, but they do a good job at my home. And they maintain my sprinkler system.
Yes they do a good job for me - had them for about 10 years. Just was wondering - probably to no avail. RUMORS can be bad....
Old 04-24-2024, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglebrain View Post
Yes they do a good job for me - had them for about 10 years. Just was wondering - probably to no avail. RUMORS can be bad....
Yes, but they give us something to talk about. Such fun!
Old 04-25-2024, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,117 Times in 1,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglebrain View Post
Could be started by the competition?
Old 04-25-2024, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,761 Times in 5,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
You can sue for anything.

I sued my neighbor for being ugly.
I didn't win, but I did sue.

You must have had a bad lawyer.

The lawyers who sued Roundup for causing cancer won, even though it doesn't cause cancer.

The lawyers who sued for diseases caused by silicone breast implants won, even though no one else could prove that it caused any disease.
Old 05-01-2024, 06:40 AM

Because the system is running clean a month or 2 in the winter, any damage that could occur (that would only be the metal or rubber parts inside the valve) are flushed and cleaned every year. Well before any damage could occur at the mixed strength, as it is fairly weak compared to the concentrate,

Golf course sprinkler heads are VERY expensive, yet many courses are using fertilizer injection (fertigation) systems. And as we all know... golf courses do NOT, like fixing things.

ALSO , as part of Fertigator's service, they are MAINTAINING your sprinkler system, something other companies are leaving as an add-on expense. In case you wondered why they cost a little more... the DO more, and they USE more product,
Old 05-01-2024, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You must have had a bad lawyer.

The lawyers who sued Roundup for causing cancer won, even though it doesn't cause cancer.

The lawyers who sued for diseases caused by silicone breast implants won, even though no one else could prove that it caused any disease.
Always nice to see an expert opinion on carcinogenic potential from you. The lawyers didn't win, the plaintiffs won. If you want to actually get informed on the relative risk of lymphoma from high exposure to Roundup you can start

HERE where the most recent meta-analysis of the data resulted in an estimated up to 41% increased risk of lymphoma. Now you can quibble about whether 41% increased risk is a big deal seeing as it related to high exposure not usual household exposure.

That is much stronger data than that against agent orange which every Vietnam vet, even those who never left a ship or an office space in Saigon can claim has damaged them. It is a much stronger association than the increased risk over the general population of heart disease in firefighters and cops who get occupation related disability payments for life if they have a heart attack.

It certainly is higher than the risk from the water at Camp Lejune. But the point is that you can never tell which one person would not have gotten the lymphoma if they had not been exposed. Most of us would be just fine if they never mandated seat belts.

Is sunshine a carcinogen? Sure, but all of us don't get melanomas. A low incidence of a bad outcome where most of the people exposed do just fine is not evidence of safety. Risk is relative. Roundup is relatively safe. People also die because of Roundup.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,761 Times in 5,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Always nice to see an expert opinion on carcinogenic potential from you. The lawyers didn't win, the plaintiffs won. If you want to actually get informed on the relative risk of lymphoma from high exposure to Roundup you can start

HERE where the most recent meta-analysis of the data resulted in an estimated up to 41% increased risk of lymphoma. Now you can quibble about whether 41% increased risk is a big deal seeing as it related to high exposure not usual household exposure.

That is much stronger data than that against agent orange which every Vietnam vet, even those who never left a ship or an office space in Saigon can claim has damaged them. It is a much stronger association than the increased risk over the general population of heart disease in firefighters and cops who get occupation related disability payments for life if they have a heart attack.

It certainly is higher than the risk from the water at Camp Lejune. But the point is that you can never tell which one person would not have gotten the lymphoma if they had not been exposed. Most of us would be just fine if they never mandated seat belts.

Is sunshine a carcinogen? Sure, but all of us don't get melanomas. A low incidence of a bad outcome where most of the people exposed do just fine is not evidence of safety. Risk is relative. Roundup is relatively safe. People also die because of Roundup.
Not my opinion, the EPA. Has the Roundup formula changed since the plaintiffs won millions?

Tags
system, fertigator, sprinkler, plumbing, point

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.