A question for those who still mow their own grass.

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 AM

faithfulfrank, I'm with you on buying better quality products. Ten years ago I purchased a John Deere walk behind mower that was over $800 even back then. I have used it and abused it for 10 years and it's like a Timex watch that keeps on tickin' and takes a lickin'. Before buying the John Deere I probably went through a dozen mowers over the years.

I must confess that I recently purchased a Troy-Bilt string trimmer and edger attachment from Lowe's. I don't know how it will hold up over several years, but it certainly won't receive the abuse that it would have at our prior home.

Last edited by Chopper; 09-08-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: fixed an error
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSims View Post
faithfulfrank, I'm with you on buying better quality products. Ten years ago I purchased a John Deere walk behind mower that was over $800 even back then. I have used it and abused it for 10 years and it's like a Timex watch that keeps on tickin' and takes a lickin'. Before buying the John Deere I probably went through a dozen mowers over the years.

I must confess that I recently purchased a Troy-Bilt string trimmer and edger attachment from Lowe's. I don't know how it will hold up over several years, but it certainly won't receive the abuse that it would have at our prior home.
We also have a John Deere walk-behind with catcher and love it, may be a little more but it's worth it....This yard has never looked better...When we had yard service, they raced through our yard and would make sudden turns that dug up our yard....Amazing improvement and really no big deal when you get a self propelled....And the icing on the cake, my Stihl edger..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.