Removing Palm Tree

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2021, 10:30 AM
Default Removing Palm Tree

Anyone have experience removing a palm tree? Live in a villa and the developer planted a palm tree on my property that has grown to be much too large and is inappropriate for the small space. Palm tree is healthy so would prefer to have is removed by someone that wishes to plant it elsewhere but will settle on having it cut down and removed if that is my only option. Anyone have experience with a company that would do this? Thank you.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:34 AM
Gold member

The good news is, you don't need approval to remove Palm trees. We had a large 40+ foot Palm in our back yard that got hit by lightening and died. Had it cut down and hauled away for around $600.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 02-21-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Tree Frog is the most recommended tree service on TOTV.

Tree Frog Tree Service - Services
Old 02-21-2021, 10:56 AM

I’ve used both approaches On had to be cut down because it was to close to the back of our home and had no access for the equipment to remove it. The second one was of the Engel of the driveway and was removed by a landscaper who repurposed it. I’m the second owner and the couple who had the original plantings done didn’t take in to account how fast and big certain palms can grow.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:48 PM

I had Michaels Tree and Stump Grinding tel 352 504 1597 remove a couple of Palm Trees a few weeks ago. He has all the necessary equipment and he removed the trees and cleaned up within 2 hours. I would recommend him as he was less expensive than other quotes. One word of advice if you are having the tree trumps ground down. The previous owner who had the trees planted also had an irrigation pipe run close to the trees.
The stump grinder chopped through these pipes as they were not visible. So after stump grinding run your irrigation system to see if there is a leak. If there is a leak you need to dig down find the pipe and cap it. Ace hardware sells the cap and recommended glue.
Closed Thread

Tags
tree, palm, removing, removed, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.