Reporting a Scam/Con Concerning Landscaping Services

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2022, 06:31 AM
Default Reporting a Scam/Con Concerning Landscaping Services

I believe I have been the subject of a con concerning landscaping services that I was told was performed, but were not, including a payment for such services with an offer to refund the amount, but that was not done either. Can anyone point me to where I can file a charge/complaint against this outfit? Many thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

You can submit an online complaint to Seniors vs Crime. They have offices in The Villages, but they are closed due to COVID. Here is a link.

Seniors Vs Crime in The Villages

You can also file a complaint with BBB.org
Old 01-18-2022, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodz View Post
I believe I have been the subject of a con concerning landscaping services that I was told was performed, but were not, including a payment for such services with an offer to refund the amount, but that was not done either. Can anyone point me to where I can file a charge/complaint against this outfit? Many thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
Post is a bit confusing. "An offer to refund the amount, but that was not done either."
Do you have that in writing? Are the people still in business? Many of these,Landscaping service companies are a guy who buys used equipment and ten buck worth of business cards. Proof that it was not done?

I assume your goal is to recover money paid to this person. There is small claims court.
I did it twice in another state. I won both times AND I COLLECTED. The collected part is important. Few people who win are able to collect. You can find the information on line.
The fees in Florida are far higher than what I paid in another state and the fee goes up with the amount you sue for. Perhaps, they help you with advice on how to do it and with collecting-the most important part. Be sure to get and read a book on the subject. You need to sue the right people. If, a corporation the name needs to be exact. You may well find the corporate name on a business card is deliberately incorrect.
Closed Thread

Tags
services, offer, landscaping, point, outfit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.