Resident pays $8500 and loses it to vendor on The Square

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Sage
Default You can buy a AAA rating!

Something you all didn't know. You pay to get an AAA rating from the BBB. I think it's like 400.00. We know business people in our area who have done it. It means NOTHING! It's just another way for the government to make money. Be ware.....
Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Veteran member

Any reputable company that does work in The Villages that changes the look of the outside of the house knows architectural approval is required. In fact, many of them will submit the paperwork to the architectural review board on behalf of the homeowner. However, ultimately, it is the homeowner's responsibility to get the approval.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Something you all didn't know. You pay to get an AAA rating from the BBB. I think it's like 400.00. We know business people in our area who have done it. It means NOTHING! It's just another way for the government to make money. Be ware.....
Something you all didn't know. Quote from Wikipedia- "Although it has "Bureau" in its title, the Better Business Bureau is not affiliated with federal, state, or local government, and has no direct affiliation with any consumer protection government authority. The BBB, as a privately held corporation, has no governmental authority over businesses."
Old 02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
what kinda name is pooters anyway? Sounds nasty to me. I think we should round up the girls and make a little visit.
lol!!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Sage
Default Did anyone read the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larbar View Post
Again, I am the homeowner in question and told everyone that I would report back today after our meeting with Pooters. I am glad to report that we have come to an agreement with them. They are going to resod, at their expense, so that everyone will be happy and The Villages will no longer be unhappy with my yard. I know that everyone is going to ask, but the other details of this meeting, as to refunds or reimbursement, etc., we are not going to broadcast. Just please let it be known that we are happy and satisfied with the outcome. Thank you all for your concern, and again, please dont be mean to Pooters, this was a learning experience for us all. I am glad that they were willing to stand by there services and not turn their backs. I would highly receommend Pooters, they are a company with integrity.
While you are hating on a company that you have not done business with.... you might want to read the comment made by the homeowner this thread is about.

Understand this was started by a neighbor who appears to have a problem with Pooters.

Because of the way Pooters handled this situation, I am doing business with Pooters, and so far I couldn't be happier! I will give you all a full report when we have completed the contract, but to date..... This company has already gone above and beyond what any other company would do.

Now I understand why larbar was so defensive of Pooters!

I would be more concerned about the companies who did a job wrong and didn't finish it. I think you may want to go back to those threads. Because as far as I can see.... Pooters made this one right.

Oh well.... carry on.............
Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
The BBB is not a government agency.

(From their site:

Where does the BBB get its operating funds?
BBBs are organized as nonprofit corporations and financed by membership dues or subscriptions paid by responsible business and professional firms in the community. Reputable firms are solicited for membership to maintain and expand services provided by the BBB. )

I'm not saying that people can't be 'bought' but I wouldn't think it was widespread.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
BOMBERO
Default Good post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
While you are hating on a company that you have not done business with.... you might want to read the comment made by the homeowner this thread is about.

Understand this was started by a neighbor who appears to have a problem with Pooters.

Because of the way Pooters handled this situation, I am doing business with Pooters, and so far I couldn't be happier! I will give you all a full report when we have completed the contract, but to date..... This company has already gone above and beyond what any other company would do.

Now I understand why larbar was so defensive of Pooters!

I would be more concerned about the companies who did a job wrong and didn't finish it. I think you may want to go back to those threads. Because as far as I can see.... Pooters made this one right.

Oh well.... carry on.............
Good post... no I take that back - GREAT POST!

I would also like to ask "Faithfull" - What was the purpose of picking this scab?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:26 PM

How and why are they allowed to be on square? I thought contractors where not invited. Only crafts and handmade. Maybe they are part of the Villages??? I have heard many complaints with this company why are they still having this stage.??? If they have nothing to do with Village.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfull View Post
How and why are they allowed to be on square? I thought contractors where not invited. Only crafts and handmade. Maybe they are part of the Villages??? I have heard many complaints with this company why are they still having this stage.??? If they have nothing to do with Village.
To my knowledge all the vendors at the squares on M-Th are independent vendors who pay for their space on the square. My neighbor used Pooters for his pavers and was very happy.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
There are 97 posts before yours...............surely your answers lie in there somewhere.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The BBB isn't a government agency.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
How and why are they allowed to be on square? I thought contractors where not invited. Only crafts and handmade.
Why in the world would you think that?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:34 PM

Why was this thread brought back to life?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Gold member
Default Yes

It was all taken care of by Pooters? Ask before you build or remodel or landscape.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:54 PM
TOTV Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
Why was this thread brought back to life?

Good question... This particular issue seems to have been resolved. Any new issues can be addressed by starting a new thread.

This thread will be closed.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.