Resident pays $8500 and loses it to vendor on The Square

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Eeek. I hope nobody thought we actually went around beating the crap out of people.

No... But it is a funny visual!!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Eeek. I hope nobody thought we actually went around beating the crap out of people.

HOWEVER......some folks are gettin' on my nerves............
Old 10-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
I know Pooter as a friend. He has treated his customers very well. This so called posse, should get all the facts, before jumping the gun. Sounds like a lynch mob to me. That is his last name, so the idiot on this board that is taking jabs at a persons name, better have a perfect name like what? Smith?

Do we (The Villagers) lynch someone prior to hearing both sides of the story? Your talking about destroying someones business, that has served hundreds of villagers well! Who really is at fault? I've tried to contact Pooter and invite him to this forum, but being a young, family orientated business person, he is probably with his kids and wife, not knowing this lynch mob is brewing!
Pooters is not his first or last name. It's a business entity. This is all about business. This is all about putting a unsuspecting Village resident in harms way. We invite any response from Pooters. However I doubt we"ll here from him because the facts stated throughout this thread are correct.
1. He knows the deed restrictions but chose to do the project anyway for a huge amount of money in the thousands. Even if the homeowner said, hey Pooters we got approval, he still should have known and requested to see said approval. Credible business do not do something that they know is not right no matter how much money is at stake.
2. He is on Village managed property under supervision of the Entertainment Division who are managed by the VCDD. By participating in Market Nights available to Village residents and others from outside the community he is purposefully misrepresenting a recent legislative act regarding Florida Friendly landscapes. Artificial grass is not listed. The list is
available at arch review.
3. Having said the above, you don't overlap pieces of carpet on top of each other and tell the homeowner this ridge will eventually go away. If this was done in your home you would have a fit. He seems trustworthy but this is disarming to a homeowner. I understand there is a home on Whispering way who did a putting green and it looks the same as Little Mountain Loop.
4. Once again it's nothing personal. It's business and we are protecting others from this
happening to them at great expense. Heck, I think Pooters is hilarious when I've seen him stand one one leg with his eyes closed and try to make a putt.
We wish Pooters the best of luck in all he does as long as he abides by all rules, restrictions and the like. Thus is strictly business.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Sage

Is the problem with the appearance of the artificial turf or that the turf must be taken up because of restrictions in TV?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Is the problem with the appearance of the artificial turf or that the turf must be taken up because of restrictions in TV?
It is both....somebody posted the deed restriction above. However, lets say that years down the road artificial grass eventually gets approved in place of natural sod, I'm 100% sure in this instance of a horrible job, The Villages would make the homeowner either take it out or have it installed professionally. You see selling houses is King for the Developer and others. How hard would it be to sell a home in that area with that yard looking like it does. It aint gonna happen. The neighbothood is in a uproar as it is. It's a moot point though. Its coming out either the homwowner pays thousands again or The Villages will do it for them imposing fines and liens on the property.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Sage

Now I'm real curious to see who's lying!

Is it his last name as REGOR says or a business entity and not his last name as Irishmen says? Someone is right and someone is lying. Who shall it be!

This should be interesting. And you guys wonder why we say we don't trust some of the info here on TOTV?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 AM

His name is on his business card and like somebody said above, look at the Better Busines Bureau and his real name is listed. Apparently he is known for ponds and concrete stained driveways. The BBB site has no mention of artificial grass at this time. They say do a good job and the customer will tell 3 people about you however do a horrible job and that number goes to 10.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Default The "Pooter" Name

If you look at their website http://www.pooters.net/, it states they are a family owned and operated business named with their child's nickname.

I also see on their website they accept MC and Visa. If the homeowners in question used a credit card as their method of payment they may have some recourse through the credit card company.

It's too bad this happened but it's ultimately the homeowner's responsibility to make sure anything done to the outside of their home complies with all the covanents and restrictions they agreed to abide by when they purchased the home. Unfortunately there are too many homeowners who don't have a clue as to what is in their deed restrictions or think it doesn't apply to them.

Also, if the installation job was as bad as has been stated, why did they pay for it?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
If you look at their website http://www.pooters.net/, it states they are a family owned and operated business named with their child's nickname.

I also see on their website they accept MC and Visa. If the homeowners in question used a credit card as their method of payment they may have some recourse through the credit card company.

It's too bad this happened but it's ultimately the homeowner's responsibility to make sure anything done to the outside of their home complies with all the covanents and restrictions they agreed to abide by when they purchased the home. Unfortunately there are too many homeowners who don't have a clue as to what is in their deed restrictions or think it doesn't apply to them.

Also, if the installation job was as bad as has been stated, why did they pay for it?
they were duped by Pooters saying that the ridges and gaps would go away. It is a blatant deception by Pooters which really focuses on his character. Its common sense How can one overlap pieces of carpet causing unsightly ridges and humps and then tell the homeowner these would go away. Remember, most of us have been successful in life surrounding and working with and for honorable people. We move to our retirement home and have to be aware we are like sheep ready to be singled out by the lions. The lions get a few of us but if we stick together, we can be a awesome force to deal with.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Sage

Irishmen. May I ask, Is this happening to YOU or to a friend of yours?

There is no question in my mind that it is an infringement on deed restrictions and will have to be removed. No one gets around that here.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Irishmen. May I ask, Is this happening to YOU or to a friend of yours?

There is no question in my mind that it is an infringement on deed restrictions and will have to be removed. No one gets around that here.
Hey Gracie, I came close to doing the same but my sixth sense took over. We were at Cane Garden and my friend who lives in Duvall told me about the plight of their neighbor. I knew who did the job before he even said it. Not related to this case is the homeowner who had these locals in a pick up truck knock on their door to trim trees. One of guys fell breaking arms and some ribs. They are suing the homeowner insurance company as they had no insurance. Homeowner should have checked and verified insurance before starring job on his property. We must get the word out to protect our neighborhoods. These cases of being taken advantage are all over the place. How about the 83 year old couple paying $4000 for a filter which can be bought at Lowes for $119.00. We have to get word
out to protect the herd. Going back to original The Villages continue to hold Pooters harmless in this matter which really ticks me off.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Sage

Forgive me for being so dense. If the contract was between the homeowner and this company why does The Villages have any way to find them harmful or harmless?

Oh you mean they allow them to sell on the square?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Sage

A couple of things:

As I said earlier Irishmen mentioned a negative review of Pooters this past May so he/she knew something and to be wary of them.

I guess Regor was the one who was lying. Note to self: remember that.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:50 PM

This is a very unfortunate situation for the homeowner.

First of all the homeowner signed for the covenants and must have known about the Architectural Review Board. The landscaping change they made is very radical, so surely the homeowners must have talked to other people about the change - neighbors or vendors or The Villages.

That said the vendor has served The Villages since 1999 so likely knows the covenant restrictions and any morally responsible company would tell the homeowner that the change would not be allowed.

I wonder if this homeowner has met with the vendor and attempted to get some relief (refund) from him?

A situation like this could do this vendor a great deal of harm if he does nothing to help. His website shows a BBB logo so the homeowner could file a complaint there, as well as with The Villages. Then there is always Small Claims Court if the claim amount fits the Sumter County parameters.

Details of all Florida Business entities, Corporations, LLC's etc can be looked up at

www.sunbiz.org.

This search will show the principals and registered agent's names and addresses.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What kinda name is Pooters anyway? Sounds nasty to me. I think we should round up the girls and make a little visit.

Count me in !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.