Results of ignoring Modified Phase III Restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
We can only go by what you TYPE Joe, not what you think you meant. You actually typed that "Believe me when I say the the water company employees aren't that smart"

So please don't berate others who may question what you meant.

My 2 c.
You are right Russ.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I was not fishing. Calling folks at the water dept not very smart was not necessary. Saying things like that on TOTV and trouble will come to you.
And I did not appreciate your comment.
You are right Bogie.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Interesting how many people are "law and order" advocates and are first in line to criticize young people in the square, or people who save seats at the square or people whose pets poop where they are not supposed to etc. etc. etc., but when it comes to their precious lawn they are willing to break the rules and brag about it. It seems it all depends on whose ox is being gored.
I totally agree with this statement and must say being new to the Villages I'm really impressed with integrity of my new neighbors. I hope there is a posting of breakable rules and unbreakable rules so I'll know which ones I choose to break and yes as Graciegirl stated these are probably the same people who complain about everything else, hey! maybe there can be a new club started just for the rule breakers/bitchers, I all in!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Sage

I hope the district monitors by the amount of water used. My area of TV has a lot of clay under the surface, so water tends to run off or pool. As a result, a lot of my zoysia is infested with torpedo grass.Torpedo grass loves wet conditions, and the clay soil creates just that situation with normal watering. After discussing this with my lawn maintenance company, their suggestion was to divide my sprinkler times by 4 or 5 and water four days a week at the reduced times. So, my system may be running on an "off" day but my total water use will actually be less than if I ran it twice a week at the regular run times per zone.

They will also be spraying an herbicide that may control the torpedo grass. It will discolor the zoysia but it should recover in a few weeks.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
I hope the district monitors by the amount of water used. My area of TV has a lot of clay under the surface, so water tends to run off or pool. As a result, a lot of my zoysia is infested with torpedo grass.Torpedo grass loves wet conditions, and the clay soil creates just that situation with normal watering. After discussing this with my lawn maintenance company, their suggestion was to divide my sprinkler times by 4 or 5 and water four days a week at the reduced times. So, my system may be running on an "off" day but my total water use will actually be less than if I ran it twice a week at the regular run times per zone.

They will also be spraying an herbicide that may control the torpedo grass. It will discolor the zoysia but it should recover in a few weeks.
Mike - Like most government bodies they care more about follow what's written on the page instead of the real intent. Of course the most important thing is the TOTAL gallons of water used. That makes sense. But try telling that to any bureaucrat (including many on this board!). If I were in charge I wouldn't care about WHEN you watered only the amount. But rules being rules we're not allowed to alter them. If someone would like to use real logic to debate this I'm all ears. But don't give me "I follow rules and so should you". They have our total gallon usage at their fingertips and they could easily ID any flagrant abusers. (Yes, I know that you could have a leaky broken pipe but you could get one warning to check and fix that - no?).
Old 08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Sage

So what's to prevent you from watering off your potable water which has no limits?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am learning so many things. In some parts of the country a rule is a rule. In other parts a rule is a suggestion.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
So what's to prevent you from watering off your potable water which has no limits?

Who says that has no restrictions? The restriction is on lawn watering not source. At least as far as I can discern.

And the official page: http://sumtercountyfl.gov/index.aspx?nid=428 also says twice per week now.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

The VCCD drivers on the mid night shift report report improper watering to their control center. The follow ups are done at the end of each month..
Old 08-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Sage

Do they count how many showers U take?

I think that's a bit paranoid.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Our deed prohibits using a sprinkler attached by hose to the faucet on the house. It's apparently OK to stand there with a hose and water, but not put a sprinkler on the end and leave it on the ground.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

I believe there is a shortage of water about the same as Climate Change is being caused by the pollution from my car and/or the 95% clean coal fired power plant located wherever. I use to work for the "Government" and know first hand how "Government" can and usually does overreact to various issues. If 'they" were consistent regarding water restrictions that would be one thing but the fact that less than a mile away one government agency says you can water as much as you want but where I live another says something else makes no sense when we are both getting water from the exactly same aquifer. But because I was for years just a poor humble public servant---guess what----- I usually follow the rules. Like most people----USUALLY!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.