Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Two words: Soaker hoses
those are not allowed either.

Village Community Development Districts Shortage Order Information.pdf'&ql=standard

The Southwest Florida Water Management District’s Governing Board issued a
Modified Phase III Water Shortage that took effect on March 10, 2012 for the
northern counties. The order restricts residential and commercial irrigation of
lawns and landscaping to one-day-per-week. In addition to residents and
commercial facilities in Sumter County, the restrictions also apply to residents
and commercial facilities in the Marion County portion of The Villages as their
water is supplied by facilities regulated by SWFWMD.
The following is a summary of the restrictions.
 Lawn and landscape irrigation may only occur before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
on the designated once-per-week watering schedule.
 Handwatering or microirrigation of non-lawn landscape can be done any
day, but only before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
 Certain exemptions are available, such as allowances for new plant
material.
 Car washing is limited to once per week on the designated watering days
as shown below.
 Fountains and other aesthetic-only water features may only operate 4
hours per day.
 Pressure washing is only allowed for necessary purposes, such as prior to
painting or sealing. Aesthetic concerns do not constitute a “necessary”
purpose.
Addresses with “house numbers” …. May only irrigate on …
Ending in 0 or 1 Monday
Ending in 2 or 3 Tuesday
Ending in 4 or 5 Wednesday
Ending in 6 or 7 Thursday
Ending in 8 or 9 Friday
All customers must modify their irrigation timer to only irrigate once per week in
accordance with the above table. For complete details or to ask questions about
these restrictions, visit the Southwest Florida Water Management
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

they know when you over water you get a letter in the mail that you are using too much water and to fix it
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Thanks for the info BUT, I have a problem with them putting my lawn at risk while at the same time allowing continuing new construction. New construction means additional potable water hookups, new landscaping needing daily watering to survive, and new golf courses needing millions of gallons every day. This does not even consider the 3,500 unit apartment complex being built at the intersection of powell rd. and 466a. If the water supply is critical enough to jeopardize my investment, stop the new construction NOW.
You are on target,,,, sometimes when you have your head in the sand,, they cant see the light of the truth!! and that is what has happened,, folks keep watering because they are trying to be the good little drones they want us to be,,, me I have stopped watering all together,,, if it turns brown i will bale it and roll it an smoke it! I haVe not received one letter for that malfuncitioning sprinkling controller ,,,my yard is still as green as everyone around me.. Have been able to replace the batteries in my cart with the money i have saved...btw i understand there will be section 8 housing in an area of that apartment complex they wont put sprinklers in that area I am sure.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Stopping the new construction wouldn't be good for the people who work on the houses and for us in general. It adds value to all of our homes as long as the construction continues. We wouldn't want to wish to live in a place where things just dried up, literally and figuratively.

At least that is how it looks to me. The ban on watering, by the way is a state wide situation and we are in the St. Johns River water management district .Website of the St. Johns River Water Management District So it is a situation that is not just limited here in TV.

PLUS...let us be realistic. Drive around TV, nothing is dying. It rains practically every day in the summer.

Don't I remember a post from you saying the developers were "hypocrites" when the sprinklers were running during the heavy rain of tropical storm Debby to keep down the danger of flooding? It takes a while living here, at least a year, to see that everything is pretty much run alright. Maybe a lot better than alright.
bump
Old 07-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Two words: Soaker hoses
Absolutely! First thing I'm going to do when I get down there. Most of my "lawn" is decorative stone. Why water my stones when I only need to water single plants. Actually I want to look onto drip systems that allow a slow drip of water to each plant. They use that system almost universally in Israel. Very short of water there. Is that what you were referring to by "soaker" hoses?

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
You are on target,,,, sometimes when you have your head in the sand,, they cant see the light of the truth!! and that is what has happened,, folks keep watering because they are trying to be the good little drones they want us to be,,, me I have stopped watering all together,,, if it turns brown i will bale it and roll it an smoke it! I haVe not received one letter for that malfuncitioning sprinkling controller ,,,my yard is still as green as everyone around me.. Have been able to replace the batteries in my cart with the money i have saved...btw i understand there will be section 8 housing in an area of that apartment complex they wont put sprinklers in that area I am sure.
I wonder what your neighbors think? People in our area who have failed to water properly have all ended up with a cinch bug problem.

As for being invisible water companies have wireless meters being installed and can tell at any given time whether you are taking a shower, washing clothes, etc. it creeps me out but then government is not high on my list.

I had a problem with my water system and the utility company set me a warning and then came to my home to inspect. We worked it out as it was accidental. heck i don't want to give them any more oif my hard earned cash than need be...and i am especially mad about the three tier system in sumter county.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

They do not have to catch u running your sprinklers on the wrong dates or running them twice a week. They monitor ur water usage on the meter and know the size of ur property. Therefore, they can very easily determine if u r using more water than u shud. Big brother is watching.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Sage

Ok but sprinkler heads can output 1-10 gpm, so if your putting out 10gpm how would they know
Old 07-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Sage

Run the system and read the meter
Old 07-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
Absolutely! First thing I'm going to do when I get down there. Most of my "lawn" is decorative stone. Why water my stones when I only need to water single plants. Actually I want to look onto drip systems that allow a slow drip of water to each plant. They use that system almost universally in Israel. Very short of water there. Is that what you were referring to by "soaker" hoses?
Soaker hoses are not the same as drip lines. Soaker hoses are made of porous material that allows the water to seep out along the entire length of the hose. I use mine for a sidewalk strip of grass that would be difficult to water with sprinklers without watering the street and sidewalk. I wonder if anyone has considered burying soaker hoses in their grass areas. Water directly to the soil with no airborne evaporation.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Interesting how many people are "law and order" advocates and are first in line to criticize young people in the square, or people who save seats at the square or people whose pets poop where they are not supposed to etc. etc. etc., but when it comes to their precious lawn they are willing to break the rules and brag about it. It seems it all depends on whose ox is being gored.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Interesting how many people are "law and order" advocates and are first in line to criticize young people in the square, or people who save seats at the square or people whose pets poop where they are not supposed to etc. etc. etc., but when it comes to their precious lawn they are willing to break the rules and brag about it. It seems it all depends on whose ox is being gored.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:22 AM

I fully understand the reasoning for the restriction. What irritates me though is the 10% surcharge that is tacked onto the base per thousand rates of both the potable and irrigation waters to cover the loss of revenue due to the lack of water useage (conservation). If you have a better explanation as to why a surcharge was added, then by all means enlighten me.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 02-12-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
Villages should set the example, homes built before ours next door and on this street water the lawns daily with water running down the curb into the storm drains from over watering. Anything goes until you buy it and then you are restricted.
Isn't that new sod??
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.