Retaining Wall Question

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Arrow Retaining Wall Question

Hi,

We have brown mold on our retaining wall and was wondering if anyone knew of a product to get it off?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish65 View Post
Hi,

We have brown mold on our retaining wall and was wondering if anyone knew of a product to get it off?

Thanks
A good and easy way to clean it is with a pressure washer. Diluting a little muriatic acid will help clean it quickly. You will need to clean it every once in a while as the mold will return. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Platinum member

A light, close spray of Mold Armour worked for me, but the area I spot treated was minimal, and had no plants nearby that would be harmed.

We have power washing done on our home once or twice a year. They will hit the fence and walls too when they come.... this is just an occasional "in between" thing I do if needed.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Sage

A mixture of water, bleach, and a product called Jomax, mixed according to instructions on jomax. Will not harm plants, and will leave behind a mildewicide barrier. Jomax is at home depot, and lowes. Probably elswhere too.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Gold member

I just power washed our front retaining wall and used just water because of the plants and grass. Cleaned right up but will be on going since there is so much humidity and mold here.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.