Rubber mulch?

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2009, 08:08 AM

rubber mulch floats!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Did not end up with the rubber mulch. After talking to a couple of landscaping places, they did not recommend it. Said it got very hot and with plants around it would radiate heat up to the plants. Made sense to me. I did find a salt and pepper rock that will look nice. Ended up contracting with Terrascape as I really liked John's design. Also liked that I will go out and pick out the plants and trees I want and they will tag them for me. Thanks for all the help! Can always count of TOTV people!

Becky
Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 AM

I was thinking about rubber mulch also. Iv'e seen on different web sites some people say that on a hot day it smells like tires. I'm not sure this is true. I have two cars in the garage with eight tires and I don't smell rubber. Maybe the dye used to change from the black of the original tire to a color causes a smell? From Villagers with rubber mulch I'd like your coments.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Gold member

We have rubber mulch....it's been down for 3 yrs now. IT DOES NOT FLOAT...it does get quite warm but it does not smell. It has not faded....still the same mocha brown as when we put it in. Bought it by the bag from Browns Distributors in Fruitland Park. $10 a bag but if buying more than 20 bags, at least I think the number is 20, then it is $9.00 a bag. The pieces are larger than the bags of small chips I have seen at various places. I did not put down a weed control under-liner. We do get an occasional weed or two but nothing out of the ordinary. WE LOVE THE RUBBER MULCH AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.