In Search of Florida Fieldstone (limestone) for Home Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2023, 08:09 AM
Default In Search of Florida Fieldstone (limestone) for Home Landscaping

I know, it's everywhere! The ugly, misshaped, and miscolored white rock can be found most anywhere you dig below the ground's surface. It adorns water and drainage areas throughout TV. In digging up my new home's flower beds, I unearthed dozens of these rocks and started to create a natural lawn border with them. I soon ran out and started searching for where I could buy them. The few landscaping companies that carry them charge a very high price. Can anyone suggest a source for these rocks, at less than exorbitant prices?
Old 07-12-2023, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,252 Posts

There is a place that sells stones on 44 between Buena vista and Morse, I have no idea if they have the specific type you want, but this would be the first place I would check.
Old 07-12-2023, 04:09 PM

Thank you. I did stop in there and found that they wanted $5 for a 6" rock and $10 for something twice as big - a couple dollars per pound or more!
Old 07-12-2023, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Silvia View Post
I know, it's everywhere! The ugly, misshaped, and miscolored white rock can be found most anywhere you dig below the ground's surface. It adorns water and drainage areas throughout TV. In digging up my new home's flower beds, I unearthed dozens of these rocks and started to create a natural lawn border with them. I soon ran out and started searching for where I could buy them. The few landscaping companies that carry them charge a very high price. Can anyone suggest a source for these rocks, at less than exorbitant prices?
Dirt Cheap has large limestone boulders. They have moss on some of them. They are beautiful and very heavy. You can probably inquire on a good price if you are buying a number of the larger stones that can weigh over 500 lbs. They can deliver to your location I believe.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

Dirt Cheap also has smaller limestone rocks. I have bought a number of sizes and weights from them. When I bought stones weighing less than 90 lbs. I picked them up myself in my SUV. When I bought larger stones I had Dirt Cheap deliver them. They are a very nice, friendly business. Thry sell all kinds of stones, top soil, clay, etc.
Old 07-13-2023, 06:54 AM

Quote:
There are piles of the stuff in ugly groupings just off Marsh Bend Trail about a half mile before you get to Edna's (going northwest)-looks like leftover from original construction. Do a little bit of Midnight Landscaping Supply-just tell the Community Watch that you are giving your pet rock a ride in the golf cart! HA! Sorry I can't be of real help.
Old 07-14-2023, 03:15 PM

Excellent recommendation, thank you! I have purchased topsoil from Dirt Cheap and was very happy with the quality and the price that I paid.
Old 07-14-2023, 03:17 PM

Thank you! If my midnight excursion goes badly, I may need you to post bail for me. My wife won't!
Old 07-16-2023, 05:21 PM

Thank you very much. I am going to visit them and see what I can find.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Thank you! If my midnight excursion goes badly, I may need you to post bail for me. My wife won't!
Sure!
Closed Thread

Tags
rocks, started, landscaping, ran, natural

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.