Service smart

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2015, 06:11 AM

This company is nothing but a rip off.....I was NEVER happy with their service and dumped them as soon as I could! Wish I had done some research before I hired them!!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:54 AM

Similar issues. Switched to Heron and they are the best but a few bucks more
Old 07-08-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jim.B View Post
SERVICE SMART actually didn't do a horrible job for me. I did, however, have to call and complain quite a bit - but, usually when I did call... they would send a technician the next day or two. I hired a new service to take care of my lawn and bushes, etc and when I asked for the remainder of my prepaid 1 year fee(s) to be refunded from Service Smart... they jacked me around for 90 days and then (after 3 mos) they tell me that they have a "No Refund Policy" - IF this were true, they could have told me right up front - however, I am told that the State of Florida will NOT permit them (or any other contractor) to keep monies for services which are "NOT PERFORMED." I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SERVICE SMART AGAIN and others would be SMART to avoid this outfit like the "plague." What a bunch of RIP-OFF artists these people are.
I had same problem. I stopped credit card payment and won the hearing Suggest you look into this and definetly report them to BBB
Old 07-08-2015, 07:18 AM

They collect for a year up front. How do you get your money back?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 AM

I recently bought a service from them for my sprinkler system. It was explained to me that they would come out quarterly and blow the system out to keep it from getting blocked by sentiment in the recycled water that is used. Made sense....until they did the first service. They called me and said that there was over $300 dollars worth of work that I needed to have done on a sprinkler system that is one year old. Heck, I can turn on my sprinkler myself and see if they are flowing correctly. What did I pay for? Pretty much nothing. Service is going to be cancelled. Anyone else have a similar experience with Service Smart?
Old 07-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFlo View Post
I have to say, they do a great job for me. We were gone 5 weeks and came back to one of the best looking lawns in the neighborhood. It's not perfect as most are not right now but compared to others we are happy. If I need them in between scheduled trimming and weeding I call an they are out within a few days. Anyone that comes out to the house is always very nice. They are always pleasant on the phone. Perhaps it is because I don't pay a lot in advance. I pay quarterly in the middle of the quarter so it's only about 1 month in advance. Not sure how we got so lucky with them.
You are clearly the exception. Wonder what your lawn looked like during the 5 weeks you were gone. Did it get cut regularly? Were the weeds removed?

Service Smart was around BEFORE Stellar came on the scene. SS had lost many customers, and Stellar had a decent reputation. So they signed up a lot of people who were running from SS. When SS didn't have enough customers to go on, they "merged" with the company fronted by the daughter and son-in-law of the SS owner. Then it turned to crap for the Stellar clients. Many were right back where they started and had no way out.

I was a big fan of Stellar. They had some good employees who seemed to care about doing a good job. I predict SS will be out of business within a year, and a "new" company with the same individuals running it will pop up.

As many have stated before, I will NEVER pay for a year in advance for any service ever again. And these guys will be fired at the end of the month as my contract is, thankfully, finally expiring.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:20 AM
Gold member

Just signed up for 6 more months with Service Smart. They do what we paid them to do so...
Old 07-27-2015, 12:36 PM

Service Smart has made my life miserable for the past 8 months. I should have consulted with the "Talk of the Villages" before I paid them up front for a years worth of lawn service. I have called so many times with no real satisfaction. I am ready to just ignore them for the next 4 months and hire a real company to take over.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Veteran member

I used Stellar then Service Smart for approximately two years.........my lawn looked decent nothing exceptional. What turned me off was their fella that came to the house to provide quotes. He would give you a high quote than keep calling when you didn't react, lowering the quote each time he called. This past May we switched to Dean as that seemed to be the firm most of the surrounding neighbors were using and their lawns were looking pretty good.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:51 PM

Yes,l agree,Svc Smart is bad.We bought the whole lawn&trim package up front believing it made us a premium client.lt doesn't..lt makes you a hostage!They never come for fertilization unless you call.The hedge trimming..when they show up,is bad.We have a medium tree,15 footer,they haven't touched yet.The grass cutters do show up regularly,but not the best of service.can't wait till the year is up,unless we can negotiate a partial refund.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:17 PM

I agree, stay away from this company-- anyone who wants to collect your money a year in advance stay away from
Old 07-27-2015, 05:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERCHIEF View Post
...anyone who wants to collect your money a year in advance stay away from
Some companies give you the option of paying a year in advance for a significant discount. If they're reputable, nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Platinum member
Default Fertilizer restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOGEY View Post
Yes,l agree,Svc Smart is bad.We bought the whole lawn&trim package up front believing it made us a premium client.lt doesn't..lt makes you a hostage!They never come for fertilization unless you call.The hedge trimming..when they show up,is bad.We have a medium tree,15 footer,they haven't touched yet.The grass cutters do show up regularly,but not the best of service.can't wait till the year is up,unless we can negotiate a partial refund.
I am not sure if the village counties are in the areas that restrict fertilizer applications during the year. Some counties are really tough on when you can use it and what kind. Not making excuses for a company that gives bad service in any way.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:57 PM

They have a history of charging for work never done even when the owners sitting in their yard watching. Dumb dumb dumb.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:08 PM

Paid them in advance $310 for bi-weekly mowing last September. Now they are trying to bill me $49 a month for mowing and my year isn't even up yet. Also bookkeeper named Mojo (not sure if that's made up) and owner Kevin Smith will not return my calls. I plan to visit their Ocala office when I return to The Villages next month. Very bad business practices.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, property, joke, beware, services, stating, company, proforming, family, full, rip, smart, care, taking, fact, invoice, times, year, formally, job, sh-t, lawn, stellar, years, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.