Someone to cut down a patch of english ivy

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2023, 11:14 AM
Default Someone to cut down a patch of english ivy

Have a patch of dyeing english ivy. Have put some rather nasty poisin on it. Hard branches still visible. Just need it cut down to an inch or so so I can cover it with landscaping tarp and cover the whole area with rocks. The whole area is approx 30'x 30'. Would think it would take a gas powered mower. Weed wacker will not do. pole mounted gas powered hedge clipper would do. Let me know if anyone wants to come by and look. I have no lawn equipment any longer or would do it myself. Bud
Old 11-02-2023, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbud View Post
Have a patch of dyeing english ivy. Have put some rather nasty poisin on it. Hard branches still visible. Just need it cut down to an inch or so so I can cover it with landscaping tarp and cover the whole area with rocks. The whole area is approx 30'x 30'. Would think it would take a gas powered mower. Weed wacker will not do. pole mounted gas powered hedge clipper would do. Let me know if anyone wants to come by and look. I have no lawn equipment any longer or would do it myself. Bud
Did you check with your neighbors to see if they have one you could borrow. You may be able to buy one used for less than what it is going to cost for a landscaper.
On a side note, did you check to see if you need ARC approval for what you are doing, we did when we changed mulch for rock.
Old 11-03-2023, 05:58 AM

Next time your lawn service (or the neighbor's) comes by, offer $10 of $20 to run over the area. Just a thought.
Closed Thread

Tags
area, cover, powered, gas, cut

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.