Suggestions for Tree/Shrub for Large Planter

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2023, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Thanks for reply - here are more specifics:
1) Still shopping for ceramic planter - want something rather large.
2) will be in direct Sun from about noon until sundown - west facing
3) I have room for a plant/tree to grow as high roof top if necessary (planter will be just outside the eaves of my home, so will not be Heighth-limited.)
4) I have lots of plants already inside my birdcage that I need to tend to several times a week to water, pick off dead blooms, sweep up after, etc - so I’m good with moderate upkeep.

Thank you for the tip of putting on wheels, that way I can roll inside the garage on the few “frost nights” to be on the safe side.
AND hurricanes and high winds too
Old 08-07-2023, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir34 View Post
We planted a tall stemmed bougainvillea in a LARGE pot by our driveway (approx 3 ft tall, 2 ft wide). Full Sun. Needs less water than many other other plants. Blooms year around. It’s beautiful right now. Has an auto watering spray connected to a nearby shrubbery irrigation head. Make certain that your pot has a drain hole and install a few inches of stone over it covered by a sheet of Landscsping fabric to keep the drain open.

Purchased the pot on sale and the plant ($140) at Village Palms on 466 & Rolling Acres Rd.
those are pretty but full of thorns and also very messy with the flowers when they drop off........they dont need lots of water otherwise they wont bloom i will never have any moving forward
Old 08-09-2023, 06:24 AM

Going with...

Soft tip yucca, variegated if you can find it.
Add a little ice plant or other colorful succulent around the base to doll it up.

This is the least maintenance, if you don't mind a tad more maint. I like Ponytail Palm, it will let you know pretty quick if you shoulda went Yucca.
Closed Thread

Tags
planter, ceramic, small, suggestions, large

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.