SUPER experience with a landscaper

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2013, 10:54 AM

I am referring to the Bottle Brush on the right in the first photo. That bottle brush is in need of severe pruning, and I am surprised that it was planted in the first place.

There are many, many landscapers to choose from other than Mansfield, who does a fair amount of tooting his own horn. This particular project is an Nightmare.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post
I am referring to the Bottle Brush on the right in the first photo. That bottle brush is in need of severe pruning, and I am surprised that it was planted in the first place.

There are many, many landscapers to choose from other than Mansfield, who does a fair amount of tooting his own horn. This particular project is an Nightmare.
I have no personal/monetary gain here.... but if you look again at the 'before' photo which was inadvertently shown as photo#3, both the young weeping bottle brush TREE and the non-weeping bottle brush full SHRUB were already in the existing landscape.

They were separated from their original location- and incorporated better into the landscape. It appears that this homeowner wished to work with what they already had, adding a few young new plants along the way.

What does it matter WHO the landscaper was? This is someone's garden. Someone who was happy enough to allow photos to be shared. It may not be what you consider attractive, but it may be very attractive to the homeowner.

Every landscaper works within a budget set by the homeowner.

I know neighbors who had strict definitions of what they wanted done and HOW they wanted it done. The landscapers accommodated their wishes. (I posted about this very thing on an older thread)

Upon seeing their completed projects, I could see they got in their own way and would need to correct things later, but NEVER trashed another's choices.
That's what some posters are really doing here, insulting the homeowner's choices, whether they intend to or not. A "Nightmare'? With a capitol "N" ?
Hope the homeowner never happens to read that, I imagine they would feel awful that their yard was so publicly insulted.

I do NOT see shoddy workmanship in these photos- if I did, that may warrant something specific to question or comment on, as to the method of installation.

It is my opinion the photos were an example of the HARDSCAPE designed to compliment an existing bed of irregular dimensions... and in my opinion the photos demonstrate a creative way of doing it.

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 10-27-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.