Sylvester palm

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Default Sylvester palm

I am thinking about planting a Sylvester Palm. Not sure if December or January is a good time or should I wait until spring. Can anyone comment on that. Thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby9red View Post
I am thinking about planting a Sylvester Palm. Not sure if December or January is a good time or should I wait until spring. Can anyone comment on that. Thanks
I would suggest you call many of the good landscape companies and ask them. Patrick at McGowan landscape is a straight shooter and will let you know without any pressure. Or even U Of F agriculture dept. they help too.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Sage

get an unbiased opinion.

PLANT CLINIC INFORMATION

The Villages Location - Sumter County Government Annex, 8033 CR466, 352-689-4673
Every Monday - 9 am until 3 pm
Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

sylvesters are great. a fantastic source is Village Palms, located on CR 466 just east of Morse, right before Rolling Acres Rd.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby9red View Post
We had our double Sylvester Palm planted in December 2011 (by Terrascape Nurseries). January might be a bit late as palm trees need to be watered daily day for the first month. Our Sylvester is doing fantastic. It's my favourite type of palm.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I just had a beautiful Sylvester put in with our landscaping last week by TerraScape! We wanted a single Sylvester as we already have a quintuple robellini in the front of the house!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Platinum member

We got ours from Village Palms (352) 753-4772
Call or visit and just ask for appropriate planting info.
They sell with a decent warrantee on these trees, better than we found anywhere else we looked. (and we looked at quite a few places)

Do know that the Sylvester takes a little longer to get established in the ground. Careful trickle watering daily for the first 30 days is paramount.
Wendy (Village Palms) gives all the proper instructions needed ( for those first 30 days and beyond) when they install your tree.

Our neighbor bought two very large beauties from his independent landscaper and was told to soak them for a week. After that week, he left for 3 months. One tree died in the first month, the other died two months later.
His warrantee was only good for 30 days, and he was not here. He now has to pay to have them taken away.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.