Termite protection

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Location: Arizona, Crystal Lake, IL McHenry, IL Woodstock, IL next stop Tamarind Grove
Default Termite protection

Up in illinois some people have termite protection done to they're homes. I have never had a problem nor do I know anyone who has experienced problems with these creatures. I see on the forum posts of prices many have paid. My question is this, Has anyone had termite problems or know anyone that has?
I will be closing on our home on Tamarind Grove Run Dec. 8. Thanks for any info,I really enjoy this forum.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:18 PM

Not here but in Houston. You don't want to have a problem, either. I actually was in the middle of a swarm in my living room. Get the protection. You're in the south now - lots and lots of little creatures.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Default Don't take a chance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
Not here but in Houston. You don't want to have a problem, either. I actually was in the middle of a swarm in my living room. Get the protection. You're in the south now - lots and lots of little creatures.
Yep, welcome to the south where there are two types of houses - those that have termites and those that are gonna get 'em!

I closed on my present house in Sept '09 (had a clearance letter) and in the spring of '10 had swarms of termites coming out of the front of my house! Had to have the whole perimeter of the house drilled and treated. Expensive. (But did I mention that I got a reduced rate from the company who issued the letter? Two little words...law suit.) Get treatment and a bond; I had to have the back of my house retreated this past spring and it was free . I think my annual cost is $175.00.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.