Terra Scapes reviews

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Sage

Ray I feel bad you are in this mess, but if you fronted the $$ it is your error.

? why did you give them any money up front.

what did they say to convince you to do so.

your reply may help others from making the same mistake.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

In July 2011 we moved into a new masonry CYV off St. Charles. The lady at the end of our street has a corner lot and had a really nice landscaping job done, I asked her who did it and she said Terrascape. To this day, she still has them come out and trim, fertilize, cut the grass and whatever is needed.

We called them a month later in August 2011 and said, can you remove the pine straw, put down weed block, move the holly tree from the front to the back and replace it with a fan palm and cover everything with cooper rock. He looked at everything and said, it would be $2700. I said, make it $2500 and you can start work right away. He said, OK but pay me in cash. Two days later he had two guys come out and complete the job perfectly and I paid when it was done in cash.

A year later I went with a different company, McGowan for a more extensive job to the front yard. Cost $5300, here is the results. By the way, that holly tree in the backyard is 20' tall, and my neighbor who hasn't done a thing, his holly tree in the front has only grown to about 10'.

Here is how the frontyard looked after Terrascape left.

The Villages Florida

Here is how the frontyard looked after McGowan left. In all fairness, Terrascape wasn't asked to do anything more than what you see.

The Villages Florida

Soon after our yard was completed, Jamie's Landscaping seem to take over. At least 20 designer homes that encircle our CYV community had Jamie's Landscaping signs in their front yard. The jobs were very extensive and very nice. If I was to chose someone today, it would probably be Jamie's Landscaping.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Default Terrascape

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAmb View Post
I will share the story in full when I have exhausted my last efforts to work with them. I would be willing to share it with you now if you will provide me a way to contact you personally. It involves about $6,000 to $7500 worth of business on this transaction.

The previous quotes about 10 complaints against them are 100% correct.

It does not look good for me but I did not check them out. This loss will hurt.....
You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then clicking on send private message. I definitely would appreciate it.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:06 PM

BBB IS not up to date and my complaint to them is not posted. I have no resolution to date. BBB has not change its rating. They tell me they have no recourse on their members. The web information on the complaints is not showing everything sent to BBB. It is obvious the previous post about BBB ARE TRUE. I have first hand experience and I see it is true.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
I am a little skeptical about two of the previous postings. One has two previous postings and the other one has three previous postings. It is hard to believe that "newbies" to Talk of the Villages would be a savvy as they seem to be as far as calling Seniors against Crime. I met with a representative of Terra Scapes and he seemed to be extremely professional. My gut feeling is Terra Scapes has too much to lose to not respond to complaints. The fact that they are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau also leads me to believe that the postings bashing Terra Scapes is another landscaping company looking to slander a good company. Only my opinion, just saying!!
Terra Scapes handled a large landscaping job for us involving a double Sylvester Palm in a center island, plus shrubs, rock, edging and more. We loved the results and were very satisfied with their professional approach!

Last edited by Barefoot; 04-15-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:01 AM

Used Terrascapes in 2012....large project...some of the shrubs removed due to size...hard to contact...dead palm took forever to have them replace...would not use again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.