Tomas Perez Lanscaping - beware

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Default Tomas Perez Lanscaping - beware

I had beautiful work done by Tomas Perez Landscaping. I needed to have the pavers in front fixed and sealed and a few other things completed but paid my balance. That was the end of Tomas. This was in the fall and I can't get him to return my calls or finish the job. If anyone is using him, please ask him to come back and finish my job (Karen and Bob). Be sure you do not pay him in full until you are completely satisfied. I am now going to hire someone else to finish the job and take him to small claims court. I am also going to file a complaint with the BBB. So, beware! Get the job done before you pay tomas.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Unfortunately, I would have to concur with this assesment. Tomos tends to operate in new neighborhoods by word of mouth. This is fine until most of the work in the neighborhood is completed and no more referrals are to be had. Then he sort of disappears and concentrates on new neighborhoods. You will probably be fine if all of your work and any callbacks are complete before he moves on. However, don't expect much service (or your phone calls to be returned) once your neighborhood is complete.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Also report him to Crimes Against Seniors.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 04-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Default how?

Do you have any info on how I file a complaint with them?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Hey Campbell, how are you, we lived in Macomb Twp (currently in Brighton in the summer), just wanted to say Hi. Someone here will hook you up, if not I will. Where are you located in TV...gn
Old 04-07-2011, 04:14 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

The April issue of the VHA newsletter, The Villages Voice, has a great article from Seniors Vs Crime on how to deal with landscapers. It is well worth a look. You can find it on their web site at http://www.thevha.net/. Once on their home page, simnply click on the link across the top of the screen to The Villages Voice and select the April 2011 issue to find the SVC article called "Don't Get Cleaned Out By Spring Cleanup". You should also go by the Seniors Vs Crime Office and file a complaint against this landscaper.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 PM

My daughter worked for Abel Perez. I think he's the cousin. Both her and her friend were never paid. He skipped town with not finishing jobs and paying them. He owes her 1200.00. She will never see that money. I know the police have a warrant for him. They are all probably in cahoots together!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Veteran member
Default Tomas Perez

We have just had tomas's crew do our travertine patio. lighting and landscape walls around the whole house. We are very HAPPY with the work and his crew. he did 5 on my court and we are all very happy.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Default Send him to us

Maybe you could ask him to come and finish my job on Carrera Dr?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Default Tomas Perez finished the job!

We contacted Crime VS Seniors at the Sheriff's office and within one hour he was calling me. We now have our pavers sealed and downspout buried. We will close the case today. Thank you for your advice. I highly recommend calling Crime VS Seniors for any help you need. They are part of the Attorney General's office and have the power to get things done.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Exclamation Yes. Beware! RE: Tomas Perez Lanscaping

I had them do my front yard in May. I was so happy, it was beautiful and the price was fair. In September, I asked them to come back and finish taking the landscaping all the way around the house. I paid 1/2 down and 1/2 at the end. He had a few things he was going to finish up and would have to come back. I took care of the workers, always brought them plenty of bottled water, snacks, etc... and they were all very nice. When he finished the back I had a 1/2 palette of brick left. He asked if I would just let him have the rest. Because they did such a great job, I said, "Sure. Help yourself". THEN I have a whole Pallet left at Home Depot yet. I bought it when it was on sale. He asked if he could go pick up that pallet and pay me the sale price; it would save him over $100. Well guess what? He will NOT return my calls anymore. He did not finish them few things he had left to do and now he owes me $386.48 for the block he picked up. BEWARE!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage

Maybe contacting Seniors vs. Crime, just as Campbell Soup did will get you some help. He came over here once when our section was being built our but we never followed through as we weren't ready to commit yet, fortunately for us!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell soup View Post
We contacted Crime VS Seniors at the Sheriff's office and within one hour he was calling me. We now have our pavers sealed and downspout buried. We will close the case today. Thank you for your advice. I highly recommend calling Crime VS Seniors for any help you need. They are part of the Attorney General's office and have the power to get things done.
Am glad you got resoluton through Crimes Vs seniors...it is too bad you had to report him to get him to finish the job. thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't want to hire someone who has to be threatened to finish the job.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.